OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lets talk Fridges (and new ideas)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,698 Times in 2,481 Posts
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FNQGU View Post
    @mudnut and @MB - I get your thoughts.

Will find some pics of some others that we've been testing too. Unless we can achieve some sort of economy of scale, it might be priced out of the market yet. Everything you see in the above has been hand made, welded, routed, glued etc. too.

@Stropp - working on this still. In the meantime, have been testing the temperatures of the contents as well.
    Yes as Winnie said you will need to test a few, send one to the west for dry heat testing 😜
    2003 gu3 td42tdi sold 😞 bloody gvm towing crap. Bt50 3500kg gvm.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stropp For This Useful Post:

FNQGU (23rd May 2022), MB (23rd May 2022)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 11,247 Times in 4,952 Posts
    Mentioned
    469 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ……….and another to us here in the Mexican winter mountains, the efficiency data we can record for you Ben Mate will be dishonestly marketable gold like Kingies etc…..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. The Following User Says Thank You to MB For This Useful Post:

FNQGU (24th May 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 13,452 Times in 6,588 Posts
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I mistakingly showed the wife a photo of a Y62 rear fitted out and it happened to have a Upright fridge in it.... She asked if that indeed was an Upright..... Damn It. I just bought an 80Lt Bushmans Upright. We have a drop down slide and she says its heavy and difficult to manage although the newer ones that MCS sell are pretty sweet but had want to be for $800
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

FNQGU (24th May 2022), MB (23rd May 2022)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    469 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FNQGU View Post
    …………..Unless we can achieve some sort of economy of scale, it might be priced out of the market yet. Everything you see in the above has been hand made, welded, routed, glued etc. too…….
    Apologies for the snippet Ben Mate and 100% do agree from little experience.
    Spent 6-12months back at the turn of the millennium building decent scale coolrooms/clean rooms with Bondor high density panels etc….
    Told the Bloke I was contracting grubby subby to he was mad chucking away expensive thinnest 50mm HD panel scraps as we could build ultimate Esky’s with them after hours.
    He gave me a challenge to count my hours Friday night knocking up a 60L without hinges, just a lid.
    Needless to say well after midnight I finished and calculated the labour content to stubbornly agree.
    Prototypes, YES, final production needs a competitive streamline materials/methodology to appease the Australian Bunnings $2.00 plastic bucket purchase mentality we all are guilty of
    Price point top dollar we’ll buy here, just worried for copy cats making your R&D cheaper and much lesser but similar

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MB For This Useful Post:

Cremulator (24th May 2022), FNQGU (24th May 2022)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    469 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.ipaustralia.gov.au/ip-fo...ure-agreements

Patrol Freak
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,653 Times in 591 Posts
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @MB thanks mate, yeah have considered the IP aspect but at the end of the day not sure there is really anything new in any of this. This is more just about being sick of the current fridge options and trying to build something better and fit for purpose. A bit like the box thing.

The glue-up time is literally like 25 mins. The work is in the fitting of the compressor, evaporator, thermostat, temp probe, and then making the drawer itself too. Still, it is rock solid and works a treat and with an aluminium case (and no carpet) it could easily just live in the back of a ute too.

It might end up being a 'premium' option that may not suit everyone's budget as pricing at the moment is about the equivalent of a fridge + a drop slide. Weight is roughly 20kgs.

This is the larger version with the top shelf. The industrial-grade fridge latch works a treat. You can see that in this setup the contents are super easy to access.

Fridge 110ltr.jpeg
    Between Patrols ATM. Had a beaut GU with 6.5 Chev TD. Next is a GU ute with a 4.5 litre Cummins conversion and a camper on the back.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to FNQGU For This Useful Post:

Cremulator (24th May 2022), MB (26th May 2022), mudnut (24th May 2022), MudRunnerTD (24th May 2022), Stropp (24th May 2022)

Patrol Freak
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,653 Times in 591 Posts
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's the other one. The Interior of the fridge is the same as the one above, just played around with the fascia to make it all 'fit' with the camper. Handy having a mate who is a fabricator. This is his own vehicle and new camper design. Pretty sweet set up. The beer fridge is on the other side.

Fridge in Camper.jpeg
    Between Patrols ATM. Had a beaut GU with 6.5 Chev TD. Next is a GU ute with a 4.5 litre Cummins conversion and a camper on the back.

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to FNQGU For This Useful Post:

Cremulator (24th May 2022), jack (24th May 2022), MB (26th May 2022), mudnut (24th May 2022), MudRunnerTD (24th May 2022), Stropp (24th May 2022)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12