Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TB45 no injector pulse dual fuel

Hey all

As the title says i currently have no injector pulse be prepared for a long read as this is a journey and a half haha.

Couple of months ago i cracked a head when i was out bush so i sent a spare 45 head i had laying around to be recod. Fast forward to me installing the head everything went to plan until i lost balanced in the engine bay and went to break my fall i didn't know i smacked the dizzy plug off (hood was off and i was standing in the bay im short).

So took the dizzy off and used a spare dizzy that i had from the spare block continued to put everything back together unfortunately it didn't start at all thinking it may have been a faulty dizzy so got another dizzy from a known running tb and still in the same situation. Borrowed a mates noid tester and found out i wasn't getting injector pulse i can test the injector plugs and see there's 12v on them. Did test for spark and thankfully it does. The car does run on start ya bastard without any problems and it starts on lpg and actually runs mint on it compared to before.

As of recent I've installed a new lpg cut off relay still the same thing. So tried a new ecu and matching nats reader thinking i blew the injector driver but no luck on that. I don't believe nats has been tripped neither the engine light or the red light on the dash flash when it's trying to crank over.

I've tried by passing the lpg by connecting the injector wires together from where they spliced the lpg in but doesn't work still unless there's more to it than just reconnecting the injector wires back. And yes fuel pump works as I can hear it prime up to the fuel rail. It seems it's stuck on lpg and won't switch over.
    From what i can see it's a very basic lpg wiring setup.
    From the convertor it goes to a lpg cut off relay which then has a wire going off to the spark leads and the other wire going off to another standard relay which has wires going off to where they cut the injector wire and the other 2 wires go off the changeover switch.

Sorry for the long post

Any help will be appreciated as im at my witts end 😅

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 1,058 Times in 613 Posts
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you checked for any fault codes before swapping stuff out? A NATS issue will throw a code.
    John

2001 GUII TI 4500 - Now converted to TD42T auto with Nomad valve body

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah no fault codes came up on my scanner

Thanks
    Thanked 5,350 Times in 3,168 Posts
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Try checking the connectors and wires in the wiring loom, especially near where you worked. A tedious task, but it might yield a result.
    My advice is: not to follow my advice.