Thread: Pollak fuel selector valve

Thanks
    Thanked 6,917 Times in 2,750 Posts
    Mentioned
    192 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pollak fuel selector valve

Hi, I was wondering if anyone has had experience using these valves before as I am planning on using one on my duel tank set up on my GQ with soon to be TD42 engine. I have heard good and bad things and was after some first hand experience with them. I like the sound of them rather than the traditional fuel transfer pump, which I know can have reliability issues itself. Also another plus with the Pollak set up is that it switches the sender, so you only need the standard fuel gauge in the dash. The only bad thing I've heard about the Pollak is that it can lose prime during switch over, which in a diesel is no good as it would need to be manually primed again.
    Anyways if anyone has had any experience please help!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have one fitted to my GQ, I use it for petrol and so far haven't had any dramas. The only time it has lost prime was when I ran out of fuel on main and switched it over at 100km/h, it just lost speed and eventually picked up sub tank. Every other time has been fine though.
    Mine is fitted down the back of the car near DS top rear control arm as it is protected by the bulge from long range sub tank.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,917 Times in 2,750 Posts
    Mentioned
    192 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cheers Hiillbilly boy, I have just finished installing mine, sounds like its in a similar location to yours. However I am doing a diesel conversion at the mo, so it will be a little down the track till I get to try it out and see how it goes. The only diff is that it's is a diesel but it think it should work well. Cheers for the feedback.