Thread: RB30 Carby fuel sender

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RB30 Carby fuel sender

Hi, i have a 1990 GQ carby RB30 on duel fuel. I have a question i on the sender/fuel pump.

I am stripping gas out - I have sourced a tank 95litres I believe from an RB30.

I have also sourced a RB30 fuel sender and pump. The pump is approx 300mm deep, but the top of the sender to the pickup of the pump is only 160mm. I noticed that belly tanks are only about 200mm deep, so are there different senders for belly tanks or main tanks?

I have seen on line that there is a sender that has a pickup at 285mm, but this would require an external pump!

Any information would be great.

Thanks

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After lots of searching I do not have an answer, so I have modified my sender by extending the bracket that the pump attaches too so that the pickup is approx. 285mm from the top and 25mm from the bottom. The wires easily reach and I have re-bent the float arm, so that empty should be just above the pump intake.
    sender.jpg

Mounted it and checked by viewing through the fill pipe fitting and all looks good

Thanks
    Thanked 5,352 Times in 3,170 Posts
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=fazersix;831402]After lots of searching I do not have an answer, so I have modified my sender by extending the bracket that the pump attaches too so that the pickup is approx. 285mm from the top and 25mm from the bottom. The wires easily reach and I have re-bent the float arm, so that empty should be just above the pump intake.
    sender.jpg

Welcome to the forum. Sorry no one had an answer for you. I hope your mod works out. Stick around as there are quite a few threads dealing with the RB30.

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forum...-Helpful-Hints
    My advice is: not to follow my advice.

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cheers Mudnut, will definitely stick around, happy to feedback my solution for others to consider!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to fazersix For This Useful Post:

MB (15th April 2022)