Thread: YORKE, FLEURIEU and EYRE PENINSULAS

Thanks
    Thanked 3,763 Times in 1,515 Posts
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mudski View Post
    Great pics mate. I've only been as far as the Limestone coast and I was in awe. I'd love to do a trip similar to yours one day. Very inspiring. Thank you.

I reckon my wife would like your van too.
    Same here, only spent minimal time there previously and that was dive trips. This was a dedicated sightseeing trip, didn’t book any accommodation so free to stay or move. Can’t recommend the place highly enough, also a fisherman’s paradise.
    You could see the schools of salmon from the piers and in some cases the cliffs. Also saw heaps while snorkelling, plenty of squid and oysters.
    Regret not bringing my big rods but probably wouldn’t have caught anything anyway.

Like @Plasnart mentioned earlier, apparently it’s even better further west.
    Cheers
    Jack

2012 Simpson 50th Anniversary Edition.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to jack For This Useful Post:

mudski (14th April 2022)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 6,947 Times in 3,370 Posts
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jack View Post
    Same here, only spent minimal time there previously and that was dive trips. This was a dedicated sightseeing trip, didn’t book any accommodation so free to stay or move. Can’t recommend the place highly enough, also a fisherman’s paradise.
    You could see the schools of salmon from the piers and in some cases the cliffs. Also saw heaps while snorkelling, plenty of squid and oysters.
    Regret not bringing my big rods but probably wouldn’t have caught anything anyway.

I wouldn't say better mate, but there is not a part of the SA coast that isn't spectacular. And then there's the amazing mallee dune country north of Ceduna. You can (and really could) get lost in there. So many unmapped exploration tracks out there. And then there's the Nullarbor proper. Get north of the railway and it's something else. Could go on!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Plasnart For This Useful Post:

Rossco (14th April 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,947 Times in 3,370 Posts
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jack View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Plasnart View Post
    I wouldn't say better mate, but there is not a part of the SA coast that isn't spectacular. And then there's the amazing mallee dune country north of Ceduna. You can (and really could) get lost in there. So many unmapped exploration tracks out there. And then there's the Nullarbor proper. Get north of the railway and it's something else. Could go on!
    Don't know what happened earlier but obviously had a technical (or nuff nuff issue!) and also meant to include get over further west from Ceduna to Fowlers Bay for amazing sand dune driving, beach camping and surf fishing.

Of course the famous Cactus Beach is there for you too just south of Penong if you want to ride world class waves with white pointers!

I'll watch from the beach thanks!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12