Threaded View

Thanks
    Thanked 3,776 Times in 1,518 Posts
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

YORKE, FLEURIEU and EYRE PENINSULAS

Recently back from a four week trip along the South Australian coastline. Started at Nelson and ended at Ceduna, then home via Broken Hill.

We stayed mainly in caravan parks with only a few free camps along the way. We travelled 5,700km and averaged just over 17l/100km. Tried as hard as we could to stay along the coast and pretty much covered all three Peninsula’s, included plenty of rough road and occasional sandy runs. I did promise my wife it would be a smooth trip BUT sometimes you take a wrong turn.

Absolutely loved it, some areas along the Eyre Peninsula rival the Great Ocean Road and the beaches are an ocean swimmers dream (provided you don’t mind sharing with Great Whites). Unfortunately I couldn’t take my diving gear.

Unfortunately due to health issues this looks like being our last extended trip and the caravan will most likely be sold.

Yorke Peninsula

Previously been to the Yorke Peninsula on diving trips to Ewens & Piccaninny Ponds and Beachport and a visit to Mount Gambier. This was a chance to relax and have a better look along the coastline. Amazing place, we did nearly every track we could find that lead to the coast. Highlights were Victor Harbour, Cape Jervis and Rapid Bay.

To be continued ....
    Cheers
    Jack

2012 Simpson 50th Anniversary Edition.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to jack For This Useful Post:

BrazilianY60 (13th April 2022), Cuppa (10th April 2022), growler2058 (11th April 2022), Maxhead (10th April 2022), MB (12th April 2022), mudnut (10th April 2022), mudski (14th April 2022), Plasnart (10th April 2022), Rossco (10th April 2022), Touses (11th April 2022), TPC (13th April 2022)