Hey Guys,

Recently bit the bullet & got my ZD30Di fully rebuilt by an engine reconditioner, installed engine back in the car with everything as per before the rebuild.

But on the first drive I noticed my EGT's would get to 500 degrees quite easily on small hills.

After the drive I cleaned the MAF, put a new air filter in, checked over all the hoses & there doesn't seem to be any boost leaks/all the hose clamps are tight.

Also lowered the Tillix valve ramp a touch & increased the needle valve boost pressure to 16/17psi, this seemed to help a fair bit.

But driving around town I'm still find it sitting between 280-385 degrees on the EGT gauge, but the temperature drops fairly quickly when stopped or idling to around 220-250 though.

I also have noticed the car smells a bit sooty/unburnt diesel just after you turn it off.

The car is a 2005 ZD30DI with the following modifications/parts replaced:

-Engine rebuilt with every part replaced or refurbished (All genuine Nissan parts used except pistons which weren't available in 0.5mm oversized)

-Tilliex boost controller

-Cross country top mount intercooler with undermount fan (Cleaned out any oil residue before installation)

-EGR blocked at manifold & intake

-Provent 200 catch can

-high flow airbox & stainless snorkel

-K&N air filter

-Spill line mod on the injectors/ fuel pump

-Silicone intake pipe

-Aluminum radiator

-6 month old genuine Nissan MAF

-Year old genuine Nissan Injectors & Rebuilt fuel pump

-New genuine Nissan exhaust manifold

-Inconel exhaust studs for manifold/turbo/dump/egt tube

-Brand new genuine Nissan gaskets used throughout

Is there anything else you guys can recommend to check/replace that may help bring down the EGT's/reduce the possible over fueling?

Is it possible that the cams/fuel pump might be a tooth out causing the high EGT's? (not sure if it just wouldn't start if it was a tooth out of time?)

Any help much appreciate!

Cheers guys!