Thread: Great Service!

Thanks
    Thanked 7,403 Times in 2,995 Posts
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great Service!

Praise where praise is due I posted the following on the Tyredog FB page & thought I'd share it here too.

REVIEW OF TYREDOG PRODUCT & AFTERSALES SERVICE - March 2022. - A Story.

What follows has not been solicited by the Tyredog Company. I am writing it simply because I have been so impressed by them & they very much deserve some public praise.

I purchased our Tyredog TPMS TD1400 in late 2013, or early 2014 & it has been in use in our 4wd ever since, during which we have travelled a great deal around Australia, including full time for the past 5 years. It's small but easy to read screen has continued to provide us with reassurance in all climates & temperatures as we have explored some of the remotest parts of Australia.

Early this year the TD1400 suddenly failed. Instead of booting up to it's usual screen, it's screen was filled with inexplicable (to me) computer code. 9 years use seemed a fairly good lifespan so I considered throwing it into the rubbish bin, but before doing so, I found Tyredog's web site & sent a message to ask if there was anything I could do to fix it, including a brief video of what it's screen was showing.

The prompt response I received surprised me. "It can be fixed, but you will have to send it back to us in Taiwan. We would like to help & we will pay for the return postage". Well for around Aus$20 to send it to them it was worth a try. I imagined that after looking at it they would give a quote for the cost to fix it, & I could then decide if it was worthwhile doing so.

Communication throughout was excellent. Not unusual to receive a reply to an email within the hour, as well as updates to say when it was received & when put in the post to return it to me.

At no time was any cost other than the initial postage mentioned. There was no charge!

An email informed me that the problem was a damaged circuit board, caused by a leaking battery, so they would replace the circuit board. So not only were they fixing a problem for no cost, but it was a user caused problem on a product many years out of warranty.

In addition I was told they had replaced the rubber seals on all the tyre sensors to ensure they remained air tight.

Today I received the unit back in the mail. It is once again in good working order, but now has an updated circuit board which can manage higher tyre pressure readings than the original which is a bonus for me as the original maximum of 60 psi had always been close to what my tyres get to in hot desert conditions.

I realise that this review is a bit long, but honestly Tyredog have exceeded any expectations I had & I can say hand on heart that their after sales back up is the best I have ever had from any company.

Absolutely Fantastic & Thank you.

screenshot_1052.jpg

2006 4.2TDi ex-Telstra Remote area Camper. 425w roof mounted solar, 360Ah Aux batts, BCDC1240, Onboard hot & cold pressurised & filtered water, (25 litre hot water calorifier), ARB fridge, ARB freezer, Built in kitchen, heaps of easy access storage, 240v, 3” Genie exhaust + dynotune, 2” lift, 3900kg GVM upgrade, second glovebox, ROH Blaktrak steel wheels, Bridgestone D697's (now Toyo RT's), Redarc gauges/pillarpod, Hema HX-1, Icom 450 CB, dual rear view cameras, Onboard 30amp Victron mains charger, second glovebox, dual seat conversion, TPMS, Boss PX7 onboard air with 9 litre tank, 350w inverter, Steel bullbar, Harrop Eaton diff lock (front), Warn winch, Snorkel, Dual spares , 160 litre water tank, 180 litre fuel in two tanks (approx 1200km range) 2010 Tvan Tanami. (incl another 70 litre water tank) with matching wheels/tyres (& 3rd spare)
    A Nomadic Life (Blog)

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Cuppa For This Useful Post:

BrazilianY60 (10th March 2022), Cremulator (10th March 2022), jay see (10th March 2022), Maxhead (10th March 2022), MB (11th March 2022), mudnut (10th March 2022), pearcey (10th March 2022), Rossco (10th March 2022), Touses (10th March 2022)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is above and beyond what I would have expected from any company. Aussie company's should take note of what real customer service looks like.
    2010 TB4.8, 5 speed auto TI Wagon, Beaudesert ceramic coated Extractors and 2 1/2 inch exhaust, 3inch lift, BP-51 shocks, Black hawk radius arms and drop boxes, Road Runner Offroad billet alloy draglink, Boss air bags, 295/70/17 KM3s, Redarc Gauges, GME XRS UHF, Autometre fuel gauge, Alpine head unit with offroad maps, Carbon winch, Opposite lock bull bar, Light Force Strikers, Safari Snorkel, Duel long range tanks, work in progress.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to paulyg For This Useful Post:

Cuppa (10th March 2022)