Thread: GU serrvice manual

Thanks
    Thanked 12,953 Times in 6,829 Posts
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Guido View Post
    I guess one of the things to remember about the number of posts required - is that some people feel part of the community but are readers.
    You might find they log on loads of times and read through many of the threads /posts - and perhpas like me not being mechanically adept are a bit reluctant to post
    Fair call Guido, I hear ya mate. i think that some people just post Cr@p to get the manuals etc, or complain about the "rule" and thats what gets others offside. Trust me i'm no mechanical guru but do get good value babbling to the babblers hahahhaha.

IF YA DONT GET STUCK YA AINT TRYIN HARD ENOUGH........OR YA TOOK THE CHICKEN TRACK

WARNING: TOWBALLS USED WITH SNATCHSTRAPS DO KILL!!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 4,882 Times in 3,232 Posts
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agree with Wayne ( The Dogman ) Guido, I am not mechanically minded, but if you were 2 troll through my post, I post my experiences I have had with my Patrol and other bits n piesces. Everybody on here that knows me knows I only joined 2 download the GQ manual, but yet I am still here and try 2 add us much as possible 2 the forum. Don't ever be reluctant 2 post on here because your not mechanically minded. I have posted on here believing the info I was posting at the time was correct but I was wrong............ and I have been advised by other members I could be wrong, but not once was told I was wrong. In regards 2 post counts 2 get a manual , its simple abide by the rules or look elsewhere. I know there is a lot of mixed views on this subject, but being one that has spent a lot of time searing for manuals, yes they can be found elsewhere on he net and no u don't need 2 do anything 2 download them......... so if a person really wants a manual they will find it eventually, there is know need 2 whinge that 25 posts is 2 hard or ask could someone email it 2 them or post 25 post of crap. I'm not saying any new or old member that hasn'st made 25 posts is not apart of this community and are not welcome here by any means, I just believe like most things in life.... rules are put into place for a reason even if we like them or not.... you abide by them or suffer the consequences.....
    Last edited by NissanGQ4.2; 19th August 2011 at 11:21 PM.
    Time is never wasted when your wasted all the time

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to NissanGQ4.2 For This Useful Post:

Woof (20th August 2011)

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

25 post rule

I understand the point about being a reader and feeling like part of the community, thats how I felt. But the upside is more people (like me) are compelled to at least have a go at contributing and getting involved. The more active members the healthier the community I would have thought.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to TUCK For This Useful Post:

Clunk (20th August 2011), NissanGQ4.2 (20th August 2011), snicko (20th August 2011), Woof (20th August 2011), Yendor (20th August 2011)

Thanks
    Thanked 20,772 Times in 8,582 Posts
    Mentioned
    581 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TUCK View Post
    I understand the point about being a reader and feeling like part of the community, thats how I felt. But the upside is more people (like me) are compelled to at least have a go at contributing and getting involved. The more active members the healthier the community I would have thought.
    Exactly right Tuck, thats what we are all trying to encourage and to build up a great community and keep the forum chugging along...

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it is fair. Got to admit I like the requirement of sharing - not just wanting

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good to have you aboard James, you will fall in love with this forum if you do what AB suggested.
    Happy Hunting
    2001 GU series II 3.0 TD.
    2" lift
    Dual Battery System
    ARB Snorkel
    Awesome car!!!!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've just joined, and didn't even know you guys HAD the manuals here! So now I will jump in on some threads just so I COULD download the manuals even if I don't want them!

Still 2 weeks away from taking delivery of the Patrol and it's brand new - so I'm hoping I won't need the manuals too soon. Very happy to be involved in the community though! Thanks for having me!

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Steveo_the_Devo For This Useful Post:

AB (27th October 2011), NissanGQ4.2 (27th October 2011), patch697 (27th October 2011)

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,443 Times in 1,007 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steveo_the_Devo View Post
    I've just joined, and didn't even know you guys HAD the manuals here! So now I will jump in on some threads just so I COULD download the manuals even if I don't want them!

Still 2 weeks away from taking delivery of the Patrol and it's brand new - so I'm hoping I won't need the manuals too soon. Very happy to be involved in the community though! Thanks for having me!
    We have a bloody great bunch here mate who are more than willing to partake in a good old Q&A session so even if you don't need the manuals there will be plenty you'll find you will want to know about & thats when this place goes into full swing.

Glad to have you aboard mate.

Regards
    Paul

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re Manuals

as long as its the same for every one its a fair system.
    Better than a lot of spam.

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Like Steveo said, I have to wait another week for my GU to arrive as well! I have been enjoying lots of posts on the forum so far, its just a pity that every time that I think that I can add to a thread, someone else has said what I was going to say by the end... Just proves that everybody on here has got something worth saying! Even me!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234