Thanks
    Thanked 11,247 Times in 4,952 Posts
    Mentioned
    469 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TB42 / 45 Carburettor Conversion

G’day NP.com.au Team,

Earlier this year we managed to snag a very honest, clean & simple little Ford Maverick / GQ Y60 Patrol SWB.

It had pre-purchased popped its TB42 naturally aspirated top and instead of replacement had a complete reconditioned TB45 installed and re-registered legit numbers (below 20% power increase allowed in Vic for same OEM same bolt up I believe is the rules and was done)

To achieve the quick engine swap (without TB45 EFI wiring/piping gear installed too) I believe from some research today an aftermarket intake manifold might have been used to refit the old OEM carburettor?

It does go already like a little rocket ship as I’m personally used to bog stock TD42’s & 6.5 diesel Chev’s and it got me thinking what else is possible with this little beast (on a budget)

Mcgoogled & Youtubey’d my way through some insanely powerful TB42 turbo configurations out there (flow through, pull through and pressure boxes exploding) but “for now” was wondering if anybody has any experience out there with this basic upgrade Holley kit (on a budget again for a hopefully 20% gain )

https://www.recarb.com.au/480-holley...e-upgrade.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    469 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TB42 / 45 Carburettor Conversion

EDIT: Forgot to selfishly mention that I do have a NEW Y62 V8 versus Y60 SWB 6 power to weight ratio challenge with a Top Mate upcoming in under 11 months to the sandy shell grit mouth and back of the Mighty Murray River

Last edited by MB; 20th January 2022 at 08:27 PM.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MB For This Useful Post:

AB (21st January 2022), Rossco (21st January 2022)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    469 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FWIW Update :-)

Haven’t purchased the TB42/45 Re-Carb 480 Holley kit as yet but did briefly quiz a genuinely nice mannered young Bloke on their phone line early opening this morning without too much of my seriously uneducated inquisition pressure applied.

Q1: I’m currently running an electric pump, what Psi would I need?
    A: Maximum 5Psi……around 4.5 is best.

Q2: I’ve personally had issues on a very younger/old FJ40 converted 350 Chev with a GM- Quadrajet float scarily cutting off midway climbing up hills?
    A: You won’t experience the same situation as our Holley is built differently with its float bowl.

Q3: Lead times currently?
    A: We need around 24hrs after order placement to prepare the carburettor & kit to suit (LPG or not I guessed having read online) and postage thereafter.

Has anybody else out there possibly done this type of bolt on carburettor conversion with success?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    469 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FWIW: It has been years since driving a petroleum powered vehicle, pretty sure it suffered summer temperature bubbleisation in its stock block delivery today under deliberate duress