G’day NP.com.au Team,

Earlier this year we managed to snag a very honest, clean & simple little Ford Maverick / GQ Y60 Patrol SWB.

It had pre-purchased popped its TB42 naturally aspirated top and instead of replacement had a complete reconditioned TB45 installed and re-registered legit numbers (below 20% power increase allowed in Vic for same OEM same bolt up I believe is the rules and was done)

To achieve the quick engine swap (without TB45 EFI wiring/piping gear installed too) I believe from some research today an aftermarket intake manifold might have been used to refit the old OEM carburettor?

It does go already like a little rocket ship as I’m personally used to bog stock TD42’s & 6.5 diesel Chev’s and it got me thinking what else is possible with this little beast (on a budget)

Mcgoogled & Youtubey’d my way through some insanely powerful TB42 turbo configurations out there (flow through, pull through and pressure boxes exploding) but “for now” was wondering if anybody has any experience out there with this basic upgrade Holley kit (on a budget again for a hopefully 20% gain )

https://www.recarb.com.au/480-holley...e-upgrade.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk