Thread: Dash lights all come on?.

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dash lights all come on?.

Hi all, just came back from a trip and as I got home my sub tank light, water in fuel light, AT oil temp light, hand break and battery light all came on ?. What do you think this could be ? I had squealing coming from the engine bay but I think that was the belt tensioner so going to change that also had a burning rubber ish smell next to Alternator could it be that ?.
    If alternator where in Perth could I get one this week ?

Thanks for your ideas

Dave

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 13,452 Times in 6,588 Posts
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Your Alternator has shat itself mate.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

mudski (10th January 2022)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    cant help you with parts in WA. but a good start is telling us what model Patrol and what engine? those Lights all coming on ate absolutely the Alternator not charging though.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!

The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi just checked charge with engine running and yes 12.34 volts , that’s why my dual battery never charged and the noise is coming from alternator sprayed WD on it and it stopped lol, it’s a 2007 y61 CRD diesel patrol got to find one tomorrow
    Cheers

Thanks
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Ok. I reckon you will have bo trouble sourcing one tomorrow. Ask Nissan for a base line price guide then make a few calls. I would call your local Repco today and see how long to get you one

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes will doi got 3 days to get one before work so not to bad, I have just taken it off and OMG I was lucky it was gone bearing on the wheel well there was none. It could move up and down and the middle bolt holding it in was all twisted with the heat no wonder it was making a noise. Going to change the belt also as it probably got hot. Hope it has not done any other damage.

Cheers guys

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven been offered an alternator but it’s from a Di would that be the same as a CRD ?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,037 Times in 846 Posts
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by madchef View Post
    I haven been offered an alternator but it’s from a Di would that be the same as a CRD ?
    I think that you are fairly safe - i checked for one as a spare and it said from 2000 - 2016 ... In all my running around, i haven't had one fail yet - so this is not from experience, but a quick pic from the buyer will pretty much confirm if it is the same as yours.
    GU PATROL 2011 Ti, with goodies...