Thread: Towbar Factory Fitting Instructions Y62

Thanks
    Thanked 13,452 Times in 6,588 Posts
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Towbar Factory Fitting Instructions Y62

Here is the factory fitting instructions for a Nissan Factory Towbar. The same rules apply basically for most of the after market Towvars too. I have fitted an aftermarket towbar to my S5 Y62 without these instructions but YouTube was my friend.

Worth noting is the Factory Loom plug for thr reverse proximity sensors is up in the rear drivers bumper. You can unplug the entire rear bumper from here and don't need to touch any of the sensors to fit your towbar.

I hope that Helps

#The62

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

Tartrekka (15th April 2022)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 13,452 Times in 6,588 Posts
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    A bit of a photo bomb now of fitting an aftermarket Towbar

Location of loom plug for rear bumper up behind rear drivers side bumper

Loom plug fully exposed to show you.

Ok so removing the rear tail lights. Follow these photos and when you have removed all fixing grab it ans give it a forceful tug.

These measurements were my first measure. Once cut I then ended up taking a fair bit more and also from the bottom return edge to allow fornthe curve of this Towbar.

Test fit, refit, adjust, make it work. Make sure you can get the top back in, if you cant then take more out of thr bottom until it fits. Again, note I did not have the instructions above when I did this, nor did I have a template.

I run 295 tyres and had to fully deflate the spare to about 3psi and then pull it in with a Ratchet Strap to make it fit under. I needed to massage this up in there. I now carry an ARB compressor in a box with a pump up kit in the back permanently if I have to inflate it on the side of the road. RACV don't carry air so it would have to be flat bed towed if I didn't have a compressor.

Stoked!!

#The62

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

Cremulator (5th January 2022), MB (8th January 2022), Tartrekka (15th April 2022)