Thread: Removing the Rear Trim panels in a Y62

Thanks
    Thanked 13,452 Times in 6,588 Posts
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Removing the Rear Trim panels in a Y62

OK, so you have a new Y62 and want to remove the rear panels to do a dual battery setup, some drawers, rear seat removal? Whatever.

Here is what you need to know about taking these trims off.

It's easy. You will need a 10mm, 12mm and a 14mm socket and a 14mm ratchet spanner for the second row seatbelts.

Note the order of removal. This is important . Same goes for putting it back together, it has to be in order.

Firstly, here are some Nissan images of how its done. Handy to know.

Ok. You can follow your nose there pretty well. Note that all the bolts and fixing positions are identified in those instructions, everything else is a clip. Pop it is what you need to do. Removing item 7 in that first image requires to to pip clips across the bottom edge. Pop, leaver them up with a trim removal tool.

I have found though most of the popping of clubs really does need a shock Pull to pop them out like a big press-stud.

In those instructions it does not talk about the side panels. These are easy enough to take out once you get your head around it.

Take out second and third row seatbelts. Remove the tie down points. Pop the clips from the side door jamb at the side of the car and at the side of the rear door.

Climb inside the car and from the middle grab hold of the drink holder area as a handle and Shock Pull, Pop. Don't hang off it, it won't magically pop off. Shock Pull it like you mean it!

Now it's in your hands. Lol. The rear passenger side has a factory 12v socket with a carpet Nissan plug that was a menace to undo. It's 2 spade bits in a T shape but both have a barb in them that make pulling them apart difficult. I leavered this apart.

I hope this Helps.

#The62

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk
    Last edited by MudRunnerTD; 5th January 2022 at 05:11 PM.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

04OFF (5th January 2022), gdubz (22nd March 2023), jff45 (6th January 2022), mudnut (22nd March 2023), Stropp (5th January 2022)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for your post MudRunnerTD!

What series is your Y62? I've recently purchased an S5 Ti (and joined this forum, first post!), and am looking to install a compact active subwoofer. From your pics it looks like the wiring to the TiL sub housing is all there? Was planning to give the install a go myself but don't want to pull it all apart if this isn't the case, lol.

Cheers

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gdubz View Post

What series is your Y62? I've recently purchased an S5 Ti (and joined this forum, first post!), and am looking to install a compact active subwoofer. From your pics it looks like the wiring to the TiL sub housing is all there? Was planning to give the install a go myself but don't want to pull it all apart if this isn't the case, lol.

Cheers
    I'd recommend you run proper wiring anyway. OEM is the bare minimum required to make noise.
    Shielded twisted pair for the signal, and a fused high current positive wire, with ferrite supressor, for the power.
    - 1990 LWB Safari flatdeck, TD42 -
    - 1988 LWB 7-seat Safari, TD42 -
    1989 LWB 5-Seat, TD42

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mihit For This Useful Post:

gdubz (27th March 2023), MudRunnerTD (22nd March 2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 13,452 Times in 6,588 Posts
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gdubz View Post

Cheers
    Hi mate, I have a 2021 S5 TIL. Yes I would expect the loom plug is there in your TI to run the Power subwoofer in my TIL. The absense of the Sub in the TI allows to to fit a Twin ARB Air compressor is regularly mounted there. Removing the trims is pretty easy, you just need to commit. Lol

I'm not really a music system purist and am happy with the TIL Sub so can comment on the size of the loom as per the post above so you would need to make your own mind.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

gdubz (27th March 2023)

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks both for the feedback. Bash plates install is next on the list but will have a crack at this next.

Thanks again.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to gdubz For This Useful Post:

MudRunnerTD (5th April 2023)