Thread: Y62 Towbar plug and Loom Install

Thanks
    Thanked 13,452 Times in 6,588 Posts
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Y62 Towbar plug and Loom Install

OK so I have fitted a second hand towbar to The62 in anticipation of fitting a Steel Rear bar in the future.

Installing a Trailer plug is a breeze in these and rather than reinventing the wheel I opted for an OEM factory Plug and Play loom kit.

So here is the factory Loom part number and bar code

These instructions are very important. Especially the strip out and refit order.

The instructions missed this part but this whole side trim really does need to come out.

You can see the clips in the photos that you need to pop. Release rhe front from the rear passenger Door and the rear edge from the back. Then get into the back and grip the cup holder area and give it a big pull like your trying to crack a whip. Don't just hang off it. Shock Pull and it will come off.

Here is the convenient Factory loom plug waiting for you.

Plug and Play

The loom is EXACTLY the right length. No room for nicely laying it around. You have not got an extra 10mm!

Here is the grommet you remove ans replace with the loom grommet.

Pretty nice to see the sound deadening

And here is the factory Sub Woofer in the TIL

Ok. Back to the top now and take note of the reverse order install of the rear panels you have removed for this job.

I hope this helped

#The62

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

Cremulator (6th January 2022), Stropp (5th January 2022), Tartrekka (15th April 2022)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement