User Tag List

Thread: Drop Pipe Broken 2014 GU

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Drop Pipe Broken 2014 GU

Its been quite some time since I last posted but am in urgent need on advice to replace my drop pipe, Snapped off?? As I have options to eliminate the entire exhaust system my priority right now is to get through xmas and the budgets lookin thin. I have read posts last night that make me feel that a 3 inch drop pipe done correctly could be a quick fix, I may just cut my losses and go the entire system. Pending availability of labour this close to xmas.

Its a daily drive so time is important right now

Therefore a couple of quick questions if I may please.

1. Can anyone recommend a fitter around Dandenong who are good at Patrol 3.0l crd fit ups?.

2. There are so many to choose from, Any feedback on your setup would be appreciated.

3. If I go just the drop pipe only, I am aware I need the correct flange to match the rest which I could do myself ( remaining system install). Im wanting to travel Aus next year and will have more $$ once my current personal situation ends. What other things should I consider now (on just the drop pipe) for future upgrades if i just go the drop pipe before this purchase?

4. Could I just get it welded up, trying to attatch pic but not working..

Ive read up a bit over the years but not up to scratch with the current market as its growing and as normal cheaper systems with respect are not my choice.

Cheers
    Ps: hope this all makes sense as i am at work and limited in my time to post this.
    Lifes a journey not a destination.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,288 Times in 6,437 Posts
    Mentioned
    460 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The dump pipe should be bolted to the motor towards the bottom of the pipe to stop it from breaking. I would remove the whole pipe and weld it up if you were trying to save money.