Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What’s this bit?

Hi all,
    I’ve picked up an accident damaged GU111 for parting out and I’ve noticed something beneath it I can’t work out. I can’t work out how to attach pictures so I’ll attempt to explain it. Under the bullbar moving from the front of the car back there’s a metal bashplate which has a plastic air deflector/splash guard type thing attached to the rear of it which attaches to the bottom radiator support panel. At the rear of that first metal bashplate this thing is attached protruding down. It’s kind of shaped like a rear view mirror, is pressed steel and looks genuine. I can’t think of any purpose it could serve other than to hook up on things you drive over. I’ll keep trying to work out how to put up pics.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 13,452 Times in 6,588 Posts
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by whk173 View Post
    Hi all,
    I’ve picked up an accident damaged GU111 for parting out and I’ve noticed something beneath it I can’t work out. I can’t work out how to attach pictures so I’ll attempt to explain it. Under the bullbar moving from the front of the car back there’s a metal bashplate which has a plastic air deflector/splash guard type thing attached to the rear of it which attaches to the bottom radiator support panel. At the rear of that first metal bashplate this thing is attached protruding down. It’s kind of shaped like a rear view mirror, is pressed steel and looks genuine. I can’t think of any purpose it could serve other than to hook up on things you drive over. I’ll keep trying to work out how to put up pics.
    Not sure mate. sorry. I have trouble uploading pics too. I use Tapatalk App specifically for photos on here and Chrome for using the forum. Plenty just do Tapatalk. i hate it but its easy to do pics.

If you are on the laptop ad you have your photo on a file then use the little tree icon and then select the file and it should post it
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cool thanks I’ll try the tapatalk

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think I’ve got the technology to work, still got no idea what is under the car though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by whk173 View Post
    I think I’ve got the technology to work, still got no idea what is under the car though.

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)