Hi guys,

I recently had a non-start issue on my GU Patrol ZD30DDTi (2002 my) due to a failed blue 100 AMP glow fuse connector.
Before I got it sorted myself thanks to this forum, I had loads of suggestions from local mechanics thinking of injection pump and injectors... So I started looking for a replacement IP and eventually found one, brand new re-conditioned by a reputable company in Spain from which I had bought an AC compressor for my other truck (Isuzu Trooper) and their products are recon at very high standards and come with a 2 year warranty.

So, now that I sorted my problem, costing me 20 Euros (I'm in France), I am just wondering if it is worth still buying that new IP which comes with a 2 year warranty (therefore reliable as they claim using only original Bosch parts to rebuild the pumps) to have it as a spare one at home, in case one day my IP fails.

The pump costs 930 Euros (roughly $1,500 AUD) including the spare part deposit. Obviously if I do buy it, I will have to forget the deposit.

What do you guys think? Is it really worth it to have a spare one for my Patrol or is it just kinda waist of money?

Cheers