User Tag List

Thread: Front Brake Disc Piston O/haul

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Front Brake Disc Piston O/haul

I have a 2006 TD42Ti Y61 wagon and i am in the middle of changing my front disc pads (Bendix Ultra Premium Disc Brake Pads - DB1361UP are the exact same as fitted) but the rubber boots on the twin pistons are worn out,they are not leaking but definitely need changing out, i tried to get the part number for the o/haul kit from my local dealer but he dodged that question.
    I am assuming the standard disc brakes are Bosch? but does anyone know the Nissan part number for the o/haul kit or any other that will fit.
    I have checked out a lot on the net with plenty of varying options some show two dust seals and two o rings for each piston and others only have one, does anyone know exactly how many o rings and dust seals for each piston and my disc brakes have two pistons per caliper.
    Thanks.
    2006 Y61 Nissan Patrol TD42Ti Modified Turbo & 3' Exhaust Compliments of United Fuel Injection Perth WA
    Great White Spotties and Bar Light, Ironman Barwork the rest is standard "What more do you need it's Already a Nissan Patrol"

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,261 Times in 6,427 Posts
    Mentioned
    460 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It’s one oring around the piston and one boot, which is quite fiddly to get it to fit in properly. Look up Partsouq and enter your VIN and it will bring up the OEM part number for anything you require.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. The Following User Says Thank You to mudski For This Useful Post:

mojo53 (8th October 2021)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Mudski

That link works great at least i now know the part numbers now.
    Great Help
    Thanks
    2006 Y61 Nissan Patrol TD42Ti Modified Turbo & 3' Exhaust Compliments of United Fuel Injection Perth WA
    Great White Spotties and Bar Light, Ironman Barwork the rest is standard "What more do you need it's Already a Nissan Patrol"

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Mudski

I ordered all my parts, thanks for your help there and now i have stripped everything down to get cleaned up ready for when when my bits arrive, but i did not notice where the caliper slide pin with the rubber boot goes back into the caliper as i pulled one of my calipers apart to investigate uneven wear on the disc pads and did not notice the difference between the two slide pins until they were out and cleaned up, is it the leading pin or the trailing pin also which grease do i use Silicon or Rubber as there seams to be conflicting idea's which to use.
    Thank You