Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: lost all power

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unhappy lost all power

Hi all,hope all is well and all nissans still going strong. Been a while herehbut still here. Ok have a bit off broblem with my old 3ltre. She blew number 4 last week at only 300.000 km. just run in, haha. I bought here new motor new turbo new injectors and clow plugs water pump. now the new motor won;t pull as if the turbo is not working, cleaned map sensor and checked all vacume lines and turbo still not working. Any idea would be great. thanks a heap. ps if I wanted no power I would of bought a Toyota. ha ha kiding.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    inter-cooler leak? exhaust leak before turbo? or limp mode computer error needing cleared? hope better trained people can answer your wuestion
    Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward.
    Whoever cannot take care of themselves without that law is both.
    For a wounded man shall say to his assailant,
    'If I live, I will kill you. If I die, You are forgiven.'
    Such is the rule of honour.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Macca, I have allready cleared codes and also checked leaks.I went as far as pulling the timeing cover and re checking the fuel timing and valve timinng. still no go. thanks for that and I have'nt checked for intercooler leaks as it isn't that old. will check but. hope your write as I'm loosing my hair.

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    did you check the boost on the new turbo?? maybe its set at a lower psi,I heard around 15 was enough and pretty good!?...might just need running in.I use to have the sd33..well 2 or 3 of them and each one had a different feel.the last one I could just hear a slight noise from the turbo but she had the torque...hope it picks up a bit for you mate

Legendary
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,137 Times in 1,001 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The first thing I would do is check for fault codes, refer to this thread for more info; http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forum...eading+erasing

Have you double checked to make sure ALL of the engine sensors are connected, and the hoses to the boost control (VNT) solenoid on the top corner of the radiator fan shroud are properly connected and in the correct positions.
    Have you replaced the mass airflow sensor during the rebuild? If not I would do it now as it was most likely a major contributing factor to your engine failure, to continue using the same MAF sensor is risking another failure, especially if you don't have boost and pyro gauges to moniter the engine.

Now would be a good time (although after the rebuild you're probably a bit short of cash) to fit boost and pyro gauges as these will tell you a lot about what is happening inside you engine.

You could also try dropping the exhaust at the first flange and going for a short drive, if you get a noticable improvement then you probably have a blocked exhaust. It's unlikely you do but it's worth a try because it costs nothing to do.

Not all turbo's are audible. We have 4 identical vans at work (VW Transporter T5), 2 have had the turbo's replaced and you can not hear the turbo's in those 2 vans. Mine still has the original turbo and has a really nice whistle to it.

Tony

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks to all and that will give me somthing to do on the weekend, I will replace the air flow sensor for safety but the old motor went like a freight train. It was pulling a 21 ft off road caravan at the time and I think that the boost would have been nice and high. OH well she did have 300,000 on the clock so I think well done. again thanks a heap and will let you all know what happens. cya all.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,206 Times in 1,474 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Claude View Post
    Hi Macca, I have allready cleared codes and also checked leaks.I went as far as pulling the timeing cover and re checking the fuel timing and valve timinng. still no go. thanks for that and I have'nt checked for intercooler leaks as it isn't that old. will check but. hope your write as I'm loosing my hair.
    Bump - how'd you go with this mate??

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Should have time tomorow to buy a boost gauge and see what it tells me. I hope by this weekend it is all good so I can get out there and chew some hills and mud.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi all, No such luck. I fitted a $347.70 air flow sesor.[I think it must be a gold one. ha ha] anyway it did improve a bit. And I fitted a boost gauge and I wish I hadn't, under full power it goes up between a big 8psi and 10psi. A normal 15psi would off been nice but no such luck. oh well back to the books and try other things like read more ha ha. ps dirt and mud next week maybe.

Legendary
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,137 Times in 1,001 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You need to find why the boost is down, your EGT's will be excessive with only 8-10psi boost and you risk doing engine damage.

Tony

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast