Thread: Y62 parking sensor going off sporadically

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Y62 parking sensor going off sporadically

I have a S5 Y62 just got a rhino front bar installed. Lately when just driving on the street sonar sensor keeps beeping at the front even though nothing is obstructing. I’ve unplugged it and dried it all out ensuring it’s not water and tried adjusting where it sits but nothing. Has anyone else got this issue? Is it a defective sensor?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Happened to me, just replaced the sensor most likely it just went bad, mine went bad on 6th year of ownership, try to locate which one went bad with unplugging get a refundable sensor.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks mate. What’s the cost?

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am in middle east it costed me about 150 USD from the dealer per sensor it comes factory painted to whatever color you want depending on the car's color. You can replace it yourself or any workshop might do it for even free no reprogramming or anything complicated.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to votledge89 For This Useful Post:

MB (2nd October 2021), MudRunnerTD (3rd October 2021)

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FWIW I got to the bottom of this and it turns out to be that when the sensor is slightly depressed it’s enough to make the sensor go haywire as I have a rhino front bar. I’ve had to just make sure the sensor is as far forward within the mounting bracket as much as possible.

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just got delivery of my new series 5 and got ARB bullbar. Had same issue. Took the black plastic casing off the number plate and its fixed. Seems it was just picking up the corner of the plate

Thanks
    Thanked 13,452 Times in 6,588 Posts
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Velkro View Post
    I have a S5 Y62 just got a rhino front bar installed. Lately when just driving on the street sonar sensor keeps beeping at the front even though nothing is obstructing. I’ve unplugged it and dried it all out ensuring it’s not water and tried adjusting where it sits but nothing. Has anyone else got this issue? Is it a defective sensor?
    Is the sensor that is going off one of the parking sensors or the front radar / collision sensor? Did you fit the bar yourself or was it fitted by an installer? the front parking sensors are angled in the factory bumper and the Rhino bar is straight and the parking sensors then fit into the Rhino bar at an angle. (Either pointing slightly Up or Slightly Down. Which is yours? Mine is pointing slightly Up and not been an issue. the Front cover plate for the Collisions sensor must Not be fitted. This must be Open without obstruction. I have spoken to a guy that was having issues with his collisions radar and the bracket his was mounted to was bent and pointing the radar up and picking up the bar.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Actor View Post
    I just got delivery of my new series 5 and got ARB bullbar. Had same issue. Took the black plastic casing off the number plate and its fixed. Seems it was just picking up the corner of the plate
    Was this the parking sensors or the radar? they are 2 different things on the Y62.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Mudrunner. Mine was specifically the parking sensor. The rhino bar doesn’t cover the radar where the bash plate has an opening. I still have issues with my parking sensor going off randomly as I swapped the problem one with one of the rear sensors and it proved it wasn’t the sensor it’s how it’s mounted. I have to keep readjusting it ensuring the sensor is poking out far enough. As to whether is slightly Up or down I’m unsure I’ll take a pic today. I’d be really keen on further ideas on this one. It is my front sensor but the one on the drivers side of the number plate. The passenger side is fine

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I adjusted my sensor in a way that I aimed it up, as a short term fix, and it works so it appears it’s aimed down that slight bit more than it should. Is there a different mounting bracket that should be used to help aim it upward more?

Thanks
    Thanked 13,452 Times in 6,588 Posts
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Velkro View Post
    I adjusted my sensor in a way that I aimed it up, as a short term fix, and it works so it appears it’s aimed down that slight bit more than it should. Is there a different mounting bracket that should be used to help aim it upward more?
    Sorry catching up. So it is a Proximity parking sensor and not your radar sensor yeah? If it is the proximity sensor ans you have a Rhio bar then the fitter had to tax the sensor mount off your bumper as Nissan don't sell them and the Rhino kit doesn't cone with replacements. Can you post a puc of the mounted sensor that is going off. There is an Up and Down on the mount. In the bumper the bumper is angled down, when transferred to the Ehion bar it changes the mount angle which I was very concerned about but has been fine. Show me yours. Take the photo from the side, from your numberplate towards the sensor so I can see the angle of the mount. It is slight but obvious.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast