Thanked 6,891 Times in 3,651 Posts
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    G'day and welcome to the forum mate

..........on the move

I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

RIP - valued member and true gentleman of this forum that will be missed by many! Silver's Avatar
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome, NoBody!!

Very tidy looking rig, I've not seen one set up like that in Australia.
    RIP - valued member and true gentleman of this forum that will be missed by many!

"As a boat owner and a four wheel drive owner I feel like a pelican: every where I look I see a big bill in front of me”

Thanks
    Thanked 6,883 Times in 3,670 Posts
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Gday mate, welcome aboard. You guys sure get some nice looking patrols in Europe. What kind of taxes or taxing system is the road tax? How much is and when do you pay? (if you don't mind my asking)

Lucas
    Hello from Under Down Under!

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by taslucas View Post
    Gday mate, welcome aboard. You guys sure get some nice looking patrols in Europe. What kind of taxes or taxing system is the road tax? How much is and when do you pay? (if you don't mind my asking)

Lucas
    The road tax is an amount of money you pay here in the Netherlands, either per year, or per quarter of a year, for just owning a car. There are of course some snags to the system, but in general the actual fee is dependent on what kind of fuel the car runs on and how heavy it is. Especially when burning diesel or LPG, unless you're using the car for a business, the fee rises fast with the car's weight.

For mine, I pay EUR 410,- (which converts to approximately AUD 480,-) each quarter of a year. My troll officially weighs 1900KG.

RIP - valued member and true gentleman of this forum that will be missed by many! Silver's Avatar
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    about 10 years ago, some rellos toured around Europe. They took hours of video :-/. there were some beautiful buildings, scenery, and beautifully dressed people.

But what struck me was that just about the only off road vehicle appeared to be military. I see why, your fees a lot higher than ours, once the injury insurance component is stripped out of our rego.

Maybe the real reason is that the big vehicles give too much of a psychological advantage at those very busy roundabouts and other traffic hot spots :-)
    RIP - valued member and true gentleman of this forum that will be missed by many!

"As a boat owner and a four wheel drive owner I feel like a pelican: every where I look I see a big bill in front of me”

Thanks
    Thanked 12,430 Times in 6,262 Posts
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    That's a huge amount of tax to pay!! Ours is something like $300 + $400 or so for TAC insurance.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,883 Times in 3,670 Posts
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Wow, that is high!

You must love your patrol:-)
    Hello from Under Down Under!

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver View Post
    about 10 years ago, some rellos toured around Europe. They took hours of video :-/. there were some beautiful buildings, scenery, and beautifully dressed people.

But what struck me was that just about the only off road vehicle appeared to be military. I see why, your fees a lot higher than ours, once the injury insurance component is stripped out of our rego.

Maybe the real reason is that the big vehicles give too much of a psychological advantage at those very busy roundabouts and other traffic hot spots :-)
    Well yeah, that too of course, though do know that the Netherlands is one of the few European countries, if not the only one, where road taxes are this high (for the more heavy diesels). Also you'll have to understand that our landscape (the Netherlands is about 99% ground zero), roads and, well, actually about everything differs so very much from Australia, that in here there's really no purpose for driving a 4x4 at all, other than just for fun and to go offroading once in a while, at dedicated spots.

That 2nd sentence does go for most of Europe by the way, to a certain extent ;-)

This is also why most "SUVs" you see here nowadays are the likes of Kia Sportage, Nissan Qashqai/Duster, etc. Cars that don't really deserve to be called SUVs, if you'd ask me, but they do provide their owners the comfort of some extra space and a higher seat.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,507 Times in 6,602 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yeah but the Road Tax will be offset by cheaper fuel as a similar thing happens in New Zealand.

Note that in Australia there is a MOUNTAIN of tax on Fuel both Diesel, Petrol ad LPG. State, Federal and also the real Gem GST on every litre. Dump allot of that and I'd happily pay a Road tax in Lieu. Maybe they can figure out a way of charging push Bike riders a Road tax too.

The GST alone would equate to More than the Road Tax noted above i reckon
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

Winnie (6th August 2012)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast