OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Swivel hubs leaking - how urgent?

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,262 Times in 6,427 Posts
    Mentioned
    460 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Lower knuckle bearing will be the one to cop it. You'd have to absolutely fill the swivel hub with oil too before the wheel bearings gear wet, also the inner hub seal is there to protect them from water/ dirt ingress. Plus the other oil seal thats on the wheel side of the swivel hub....

I see your concern because of where you are. If you have the time, get it fixed, if you don't, buy a couple of axle seals and hub seals and a spare wheel bearings and keep them spare and have a crack your self if its needed.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 1,037 Times in 846 Posts
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wouldn't worry to much about that small weep. Keep in mind that a small drop of oil will spread and look like it is a lot more than it is. You will find the diff will still be totally full ( if it was originally )

I might have driven my old GQ around for three or four years with hubs that looked like that and it was absolutely fine. I wasn't going to act until it became a drip or a nuisance

New seals and a birthday will be nice, but it won't leave you stranded in the meantime.
    GU PATROL 2011 Ti, with goodies...

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to happygu For This Useful Post:

Cuppa (23rd September 2021), MudRunnerTD (23rd September 2021), mudski (23rd September 2021)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12