Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: #The62 MudRunnerTD's New Wheels

Thanks
    Thanked 1,155 Times in 515 Posts
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks good Daz , definitely needs a lift or all you’ll be doing is driving around a golf course

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sprock For This Useful Post:

growler2058 (21st September 2021), MB (25th September 2021), Rossco (21st September 2021)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 13,507 Times in 6,602 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Well she's in the shed!!!

Some surgery to the exhaust is required.

Ghee it's big and a completely different car to lift on the hoist.

#the62 is coming to life.

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

5. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

BrazilianY60 (28th September 2021), Cremulator (25th September 2021), growler2058 (25th September 2021), MB (25th September 2021), mudnut (25th September 2021), Rossco (25th September 2021), TPC (25th September 2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,663 Times in 3,158 Posts
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I did play with the exhaust on mine. And honestly the only time it sounded proper was when I did the full system.
    I did a muffler delete with the long large muffler about mid car. This did make it louder but at a certain rpm sounded like somebody was slapping thongs together and shit. With the full system it had a proper deep v8 rumble and sounded awesome all the way through the rpm range. Fuel economy may have been better but was negated by the right boot going in deeper to hear the noise ��

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nissannewby For This Useful Post:

MudRunnerTD (26th September 2021), TPC (25th September 2021)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Well some of that was frustrating but it's all bolted up....

Test drive tomorrow

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!

The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

9. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

Cremulator (25th September 2021), growler2058 (25th September 2021), jay see (25th September 2021), mudnut (25th September 2021), Rossco (26th September 2021), Touses (27th September 2021), TPC (25th September 2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,663 Times in 3,158 Posts
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Oh there was more to it lol.

Thats the easy part. The headers take a good part of a day to change. They are a bastard.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to nissannewby For This Useful Post:

MudRunnerTD (25th September 2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,043 Times in 3,196 Posts
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good to see you are becoming an expert on mods on Y62.
    When I get one I will drop it off at your place to get sorted.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to TPC For This Useful Post:

MudRunnerTD (26th September 2021)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nissannewby View Post
    Oh there was more to it lol.

Thats the easy part. The headers take a good part of a day to change. They are a bastard.
    Yeah I just went Cat back at the moment. Yeah the only real drama was getting some of the hooks out of the brand new rubber hangers alone. I swore at a couple and then hit them with my purse and they capitulated. I had to drop the spare out to get the last section on too. Looks pretty good. I'm hoping it will sound nice.

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,110 Times in 3,143 Posts
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I just fully paid attention to this thread!
    Congrats Darren & Co. ! They're an awesome bit of kit.
    When you took me for a spin in your BorgWarner driven TeeDee, the giggling excitement on your face while both of us were pinned to the back of the seats was unreal!! But here you are breaking those barriers again mate. Well done!!!

I get to put a boot down on one here and there. I park next to 3 of them at work almost daily and 2 of those have spent more time at OnTrack then on the road. Every single bit of the car was modded there aint much of Y62 left.

I'll reconfirm what Nissannewby said. Both of these guys have added bits and pieces of the exhaust here and there and the sound wasn't right. Some made no difference at all unless you rev the guts out of it and then it sounded like a Victa mower vegging for life !!
    The real hard-on sound was when full system was fitted and then it sounded like a proper 8 that hits you in the face...

3 generations of the mighty Patrol at your possession now mate. Awesome!!!
    2005 TD42TI

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Hodge For This Useful Post:

growler2058 (26th September 2021), MB (26th September 2021), MudRunnerTD (26th September 2021), nissannewby (26th September 2021)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Well I went for a drive today and.... Holy Bat Shit. I was super keen to avoid the thong slap and think I have but I think I need to get out of thr car and let the wife thrash it to be sure.

Hodge mate. I'm giggling every time I put the foot down. I have not had a V8 for over 30 years and they are a fair bit more car than the HZ Prem with the 308 with a 4 barrel. This thing is a Beast.

The GUIV has gone to a new home. Was a sad day. I was sad for weeks but I reckon I'm back in a happy place. Damn! This thing! Just Wow!!

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

BigRAWesty (31st January 2024), Cremulator (26th September 2021), growler2058 (27th September 2021), Hodge (27th September 2021), MB (26th September 2021), Rossco (26th September 2021)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Last edited by MudRunnerTD; 29th September 2021 at 04:10 PM.

20. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

BigRAWesty (19th March 2023), BrazilianY60 (28th September 2021), Cremulator (26th September 2021), growler2058 (27th September 2021), Hodge (27th September 2021), MB (26th September 2021), mudnut (26th September 2021), Rossco (26th September 2021), Stropp (26th September 2021), Touses (27th September 2021)

Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast