Thread: #The62 MudRunnerTD's New Wheels

Thanks
    Thanked 13,452 Times in 6,588 Posts
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hodge View Post
    Hahaha. I love how he also still has the To-do list for the GU4. I think secretly deep down he's realized the mistake he's made.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk
    hahahaha, the new owner took a pic of the list on the way out the door. lol most is sorted though. You Farkers are stalking me. lol
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

Cremulator (5th October 2021), Hodge (6th October 2021), Rossco (5th October 2021), rusty_nail (5th October 2021)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 6,915 Times in 2,749 Posts
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do like the GQ list, only one item to fix and just drive the bloody thing

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rossco For This Useful Post:

Hodge (6th October 2021), MudRunnerTD (5th October 2021)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Santa's Been! Santa's Been!!!

Postie might have been too.

The new Rhino Bull Bar comes in sections in a box

Then on the front lawn when I got home my Big-O Sliders . "You Bend them, We replace them" warranty. I considered making them but after looking at the chassis mounts on these I felt that this were a good buy made from Tube not pipe.

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!

The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

7. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

Avo (7th October 2021), BigRAWesty (31st January 2024), Cremulator (6th October 2021), jay see (9th October 2021), mudnut (6th October 2021), nissannewby (6th October 2021), Rossco (6th October 2021), rusty_nail (6th October 2021), Stropp (6th October 2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,997 Times in 2,911 Posts
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MudRunnerTD View Post
    Santa's Been! Santa's Been!!!

Postie might have been too.

The new Rhino Bull Bar comes in sections in a box

Then on the front lawn when I got home my Big-O Sliders . "You Bend them, We replace them" warranty. I considered making them but after looking at the chassis mounts on these I felt that this were a good buy made from Tube not pipe.

Haha you shit me mudrunner. Very very jealous mate, congrats, those steps look rock solid.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
    I got red dust in my veins.

Check out My Rig here: Broken

Pics of Forum trips I've Been on:
    Pizza at AB's - 2012 Knockwood - 2013 Krissos Place Australia Day - 2015 Pizza at AB's - March 2015 Pizza at AB's - May 2015 Dargo - 2015 Newnes - 2016

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rusty_nail For This Useful Post:

MudRunnerTD (6th October 2021), nissannewby (6th October 2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,663 Times in 3,158 Posts
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Absolute Bastard. Don't know if I can come here anymore, to depressing. Maybe I'll try and get a Y63 before you.....

11. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to nissannewby For This Useful Post:

04OFF (7th October 2021), growler2058 (7th October 2021), MudRunnerTD (6th October 2021), rusty_nail (6th October 2021), Touses (7th October 2021)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nissannewby View Post
    Absolute Bastard. Don't know if I can come here anymore, to depressing. Maybe I'll try and get a Y63 before you.....
    Hahaha. I took my dad for a drive this arvo and gave him a drive. He was amazed at how light it felt. I might have then done a couple of stand start full noise take offs. Holy Shit is all I can say. Ghee that 1st gear rocks!!! Big!!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

nissannewby (6th October 2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,959 Times in 3,376 Posts
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Am I missing something here Daz? Are there gaps along the inner sides of those slider plates? You really dont want sticks getting up in there and smashing your sills mate.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Plasnart For This Useful Post:

MudRunnerTD (6th October 2021)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Plasnart View Post
    Am I missing something here Daz? Are there gaps along the inner sides of those slider plates? You really dont want sticks getting up in there and smashing your sills mate.
    Yeah they are an interesting design actually. That top plate is actually mounted on an angle to allow use as a step, the sliders are mounted on an angle like normal sliders.

Yeah I plated my sliders on the GQ after smashing them with wayward sticks and branches.

These have a kicker at the front and the back and the cross braces are all angled which should help deflect hopefully. I will be taking notice though mate for sure.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,959 Times in 3,376 Posts
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yeah they are an interesting design actually. That top plate is actually mounted on an angle to allow use as a step, the sliders are mounted on an angle like normal sliders.

Yeah I plated my sliders on the GQ after smashing them with wayward sticks and branches.

These have a kicker at the front and the back and the cross braces are all angled which should help deflect hopefully. I will be taking notice though mate for sure.
    Yeah mate get some mesh in those gaps or it could end in tears. Would look sik too!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Plasnart For This Useful Post:

jay see (9th October 2021)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Funny story.

Naomi went out to pick up daughter then wanted to go for a bigger drive as she really hasn't driven it more than around the block. Off we go and head down the freeway to Werribee. Even with the exhaust it's not bad on the freeway so pretty happy.

Naomi drove it to Werribee and then we swapped and I drove home. Now Naomi hasn't really driven it so was pretty laid back.

I got in the drivers seat and cruised through the Burbs. Amelia in the back seat with a DVD playing with headphones on.

I came up to a Red light out the back of Werribee, just as I came to the line the light went green so I floored it! Bhahahaha! From the back seat Amelia yells Dad! My headphone came off the back of my head! Bhahahaha. I think they both got a surprise. This thing is a Beast.

20. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

Avo (7th October 2021), BigRAWesty (31st January 2024), Cremulator (8th October 2021), growler2058 (8th October 2021), jay see (9th October 2021), Rossco (8th October 2021), Stropp (7th October 2021), Touses (8th October 2021)

Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast