Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: #The62 MudRunnerTD's New Wheels

Thanks
    Thanked 6,915 Times in 2,749 Posts
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Time to bust out the rattlecan or tek screw some checkerplate ally to it. . .

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Rossco For This Useful Post:

Avo (29th September 2021), growler2058 (29th September 2021), MudRunnerTD (29th September 2021), mudski (30th September 2021), Plasnart (29th September 2021), Winnie (29th September 2021)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 13,452 Times in 6,588 Posts
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rossco View Post
    Yeah wow bloody snazzy just watched vid, yeah don't you love it when you watch a vid and looks easy as then have a go and struggletown damitt. . Yeah new cars all held together with clips little scary but spose they work, little different old GQ, attack it with screwdriver and apart in no time lol. . .

Certainly not piss farting about nice work

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk
    Mate! It was ridiculous! My Blue Trim removal tools which are thick plastic designed specifically for this task were turned white!!!! No shit!! I rang the supplier and asked if it was actually suited to the S5? There must be some hidden screws in the S5. No mate, what our vid. So I search YT until I find their vid. They did the swap while parked on the beach on a lunch break. Pop Pop, off it came!! No Way!

And both vids say unplug this, unplug that, but clearly edit out that time. And all of the plugs you are trying to sort out with the tips of your fingers shoved in the back of the cluster out of view!! Bloody Hell!!!

Naomi drew a line yesterday, she said I don't think you should be pulling the dash out, please don't, it's a brand new car, it was expensive, maybe you should get someone to do it. Lol. Nah it's OK dear, I got this!!!

Wait until the 5" snorkel arrives as the angle grinder comes out. Lol. I didn't dare show her the tow bar fit while the rear bumper was off! I don't think she was ready for that. Bhahahaha
    Last edited by MudRunnerTD; 29th September 2021 at 10:31 AM.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

BigRAWesty (19th March 2023), growler2058 (29th September 2021), Rossco (29th September 2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,062 Times in 938 Posts
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MudRunnerTD View Post
    Cheers for the heads up. I will have it back on the hoist tomorrow maybe and will have a look around get transfer. Have you got an image of the actuator?
    Here ya go, looks like a electric window motor, see how close exhaust is and where the factory heat shield is
    IMG_20210929_072106.jpg
    <a href=http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/02ard/PatrolcomAvatar-1-1.jpg target=_blank>http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j3...Avatar-1-1.jpg</a>

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 04OFF For This Useful Post:

Avo (29th September 2021), growler2058 (29th September 2021), MudRunnerTD (29th September 2021)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Awesome thank you. I did see that while I was getting to know it from underneath buy was not really sure what it was, I will pay attention to that while.it is in the air and see 8f i can fit a shield there.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!

The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

04OFF (29th September 2021)

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,261 Times in 6,427 Posts
    Mentioned
    460 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hodge View Post
    I usually like woodgrain.
    But IMO it does not suit the Y62 . Nothing else in the car even remotely resembles or has that classic look theme about it... Just doesn't belong there I reckon.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk
    Yeah Im with you on that Eric. Woodgrain went out with button up boots and bell bottoms.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,997 Times in 2,911 Posts
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Awesome thank you. I did see that while I was getting to know it from underneath buy was not really sure what it was, I will pay attention to that while.it is in the air and see 8f i can fit a shield there.
    it was the same in my d40 navara. i found out one weekend that flattening the battery while the car is in 4wd low makes the computer forget the car is in 4wd, essentially its forgetting the position of that actuator. not sure if its the case in the patrol, but fwiw, the only way to fix the problem is to unbolt that whole actuator, with it set in the 2wd position, then "turn on 4wd low" so the actuator moves to the correct position, the rebolt in and your back in business. hope that makes sense? lol
    I got red dust in my veins.

Check out My Rig here: Broken

Pics of Forum trips I've Been on:
    Pizza at AB's - 2012 Knockwood - 2013 Krissos Place Australia Day - 2015 Pizza at AB's - March 2015 Pizza at AB's - May 2015 Dargo - 2015 Newnes - 2016

12. The Following User Says Thank You to rusty_nail For This Useful Post:

MudRunnerTD (29th September 2021)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    just saw this, ill leave it here haha

Pizza at AB's - 2012 Knockwood - 2013 Krissos Place Australia Day - 2015 Pizza at AB's - March 2015 Pizza at AB's - May 2015 Dargo - 2015 Newnes - 2016

14. The Following User Says Thank You to rusty_nail For This Useful Post:

MudRunnerTD (29th September 2021)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    My first Vid Gents, I will be doing a few vids as well as photo bombs in this build. Hope you enjoy.

Y Pro Digital Dash review S5 Y62 #The62

Last edited by MudRunnerTD; 30th September 2021 at 10:50 AM.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

BigRAWesty (31st January 2024)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Y Pro Digital Dash review S5 Y62 #The62

you definitely look better in real life mate! a face for radio!

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rusty_nail For This Useful Post:

Avo (29th September 2021), BigRAWesty (31st January 2024), MudRunnerTD (29th September 2021)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    when the tyre shop changed your tyres, did they not swap the original valves over mate? thats where the tpms finds its reading, from inside the valve, that would be why your tpms isnt working

Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast