Thread: Potential owner of a 98GU Patrol with dual fuel Tb45

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Potential owner of a 98GU Patrol with dual fuel Tb45

Hi, I am Chris and i have been browsing for a while but i now have the opportunity to pickup a 98GU patrol from a family member but it needs a bit of work. They want $6k for it (potentially negotiable), the body is clean no dents or rust though the paint has faded on the bonnet and roof.
    The main downside is that there was a slight leak in the petrol system so they only ran it on gas for the last few years. With the petrol system sitting unused for so long there is potential that i will need to replace the entire petrol system from the tank to the injectors and fuel rail as it will either be rusty or gummed up with bad fuel.
    The gas system hasn't been serviced in 10 years so it needs re certification though i would be more tempted to pull it out and fit a larger Petrol tank as the price of LPG is too expensive now to justify the costs and decreased range.
    It needs new left and right wheel bearings which was quoted at $660, front and rear shockies and a few other problems.
    Still undecided if i should pull the trigger as i could easy see the repair bill adding up though maybe you guys can help me make up my mind.

240729360_551136079431160_3881640691940835448_n.jpg

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 1,237 Times in 994 Posts
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum mate.
    In the words of a Dhuck "QUACK".