User Tag List

Thread: 4.8 extractors with 4 O2 sensors

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

4.8 extractors with 4 O2 sensors

Has anyone fitted extractors to there 4.8 with the 4 O2 sensors?
    Did you get any engine lights? and are you happy with them?
    2010 TB4.8, 5 speed auto TI Wagon, Beaudesert ceramic coated Extractors and 2 1/2 inch exhaust, 3inch lift, BP-51 shocks, Black hawk radius arms and drop boxes, Road Runner Offroad billet alloy draglink, Boss air bags, 295/70/17 KM3s, Redarc Gauges, GME XRS UHF, Autometre fuel gauge, Alpine head unit with offroad maps, Carbon winch, Opposite lock bull bar, Light Force Strikers, Safari Snorkel, Duel long range tanks, work in progress.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bought A complete system from Beaudesert exhausts, Ceramic coated Extractors, with High flow cat and 2.5inch stainless pipes.
    Has some adapters for the bottom O2 sensors, that should prevent warning lights.
    When it is fitted, I will test and report back.
    2010 TB4.8, 5 speed auto TI Wagon, Beaudesert ceramic coated Extractors and 2 1/2 inch exhaust, 3inch lift, BP-51 shocks, Black hawk radius arms and drop boxes, Road Runner Offroad billet alloy draglink, Boss air bags, 295/70/17 KM3s, Redarc Gauges, GME XRS UHF, Autometre fuel gauge, Alpine head unit with offroad maps, Carbon winch, Opposite lock bull bar, Light Force Strikers, Safari Snorkel, Duel long range tanks, work in progress.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Exhaust system is fitted, quite easy to do, everything fitted up perfectly and looks to be very well made.
    Driven about 300km so far, no warning lights, a bit more responsive and overtaking seems a little quicker, too early to tell if the fuel economy will be any different.
    Only one slight negative, there is a little bit of droning at highway speed, not excessive but I can notice it, but it does have a nice deep note to it.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to paulyg For This Useful Post:

mudnut (6th October 2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,350 Times in 3,168 Posts
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Shoulda done a before and after dyno. My RB got a 10% increase and picked up better mileage, with headers. A big deal for a little motor. It would be very interesting to see if yours has made a real difference.
    My advice is: not to follow my advice.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dyno run would have been nice, Just don't have time at the moment.
    At least we have a solution for other owners of the later 4.8, with 4 O2 sensors

8. The Following User Says Thank You to paulyg For This Useful Post:

mudnut (10th October 2021)