Thread: Hi from Dan

Thanks
    Thanked 13,491 Times in 6,596 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GunnerBoone View Post
    Anyway, I fitted a blanking plate infront of the EGR valve (bloody pain in the ass... the bottom bolt under the pipe was frozen in, could only do about an eighth of a turn each time till it was almost out). Luckily I got the bolt out in one piece, and only have a few scarred knuckles for my troubles.

Made the plate out of a thin piece of stainless. Came up a treat.

Also fitted a catch-can, bought the Provent 200 kit. Trouble was, the patrol came with a second battery, fitted right where the catch can was meant to be mounted.

There's a small steel plate behind the battery, about a foot forward of the firewall. I modified the mounting bracket (cut off the bottom, straightened it out, drilled some new mounting holes in it, de-burred it) and when I fitted it all up it went in perfectly. Quite happy with the fitting. I even made a bracket to mount the drain tap to the chassis rail. The bracket puts pressure on the hose so it acts like a clamp on the line as well, keeping the tap firmly in place.

After that, I cleaned out all the piping I could get to, the intercooler and the turbo.

I'm amazed the difference it's made to the pickup. I'm sure everyone knows how it is.

I intend to do all the other mods, NADS, DAWES and any other thing that can make this a better drive, but all in good time.

Anyway, thanks for the warm welcome. And yes, I do love a beer!

PS, I'll grab some pics to post soon.

Dan
    i Dan,

i assumed you where not in Aus because you called the Patrol a GC?? We dont have a GC Model configuration here. New Zealand maybe, South Africa maybe... doesnt really matter though.

For your comments above, put your conversations into the forum proper now as your Intro thread will soon be lost.

Look at the "What dd. i do today" or start a Build thread in Members section. General Conversations about Patrols all over the place. Welcome.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum dan

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12