User Tag List

Thread: Overflow pressure bottle

Thanks
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Overflow pressure bottle

Just providing a bit of feedback and after advise since changing the radiator presser bottle in my 06 4.2tdi patrol
    First of all the factory one was buggered so I ordered a replacement. Decided to go with dayco as it was slightly cheaper. Fitted it, filled with coolant, no issues. After a week I took the cap off to top up. Turns out the cap doesn’t seal! It looks like it does but give it a slight wiggle and it pops off. Ordered another with the hope of returning this one and it’s exactly the same, the cap does not seal correctly!
    I then ordered genuine and no issues at all, seals perfectly. So if if your in the market for a new one, stick with genuine!
    This is where I need advise. After installing the new genuine one, I noticed that the relatively new dayco one had accumulated rust at the bottom of it. It was only in for three weeks. When I say rust, it was just a brown liquid on the bottom of the tank. Should I be concerned about this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by dpetersen; 8th August 2021 at 01:06 AM.
    2006 4.2 tdi wagon
    TJM BullBar and bar work, Light bar & spotlights, Airtech snorkel, tradie rack, blocked egr, 2inch lift on 33s and a 3 inch exhaust to go with it all.
    Plenty more to come!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dpetersen For This Useful Post:

Hodge (8th August 2021), MB (8th August 2021)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement