Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unhappy GU 4.5 Petrol Engine Check Engine Light Flashing

Hi

Due to issues with a recent purchase i.e no key and not run for approximately 3-5 years
    I have replaced the ECU, Keyless entry module and ignition barrel with matching key all from scrapyard from a running car and still the car won't start
    Originally when I purchase the ECU kit I was about to replace the keyless entry module and found it had been removed, regardless I continued on and managed to instal the parts
    Now My Check Engine Light is Flashing continually
    Somebody removing the keyless entry module I believe was deperately trying to sabotage the car
    Looks like its gonna be a long road to see what else if anything has been removed also, any idea as to why somebody would do that????

All fixed now
    Last edited by Ausmaj; 22nd October 2021 at 03:11 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just found out the other day the wreckers sold me an ECU starter kit for an auto when mine is manual they are looking into it meanwhile sat at the auto electricians in Adelaide for a week going nowhere fast

Update new ECU starter kit on order from the wreckers from WA delivery date 1 week FFS

10 October Latest update auto electrician fitted newly delivered parts Ecu etc car now starts but need another fuel tank and sender unit any ideas please leave a reply

Latest update 18-10-2021 car now running hooray for the good news, bad news is banging coming from rocker cover area intermittently but does not miss, looks live rocker cover has to come off for further investigation??

Latest update 22-10-2021 Sticking pushrod cased the banging against the rocker cover car all fixed all electrical faults and mechanical now ok had the car home for 2 daye another spruce up and away we go bit rough at first car has been stood around for a fair few years sounds sweet
    Last edited by Ausmaj; 22nd October 2021 at 03:10 PM. Reason: Update

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ausmaj For This Useful Post:

BrazilianY60 (5th August 2022), mudnut (8th September 2021)