Hello,

I have a problem with parasitic current draw on my GQ TD42. I narrowed down the draw (it was 0,026A) to inner light and clock fuse, took it out and draw dropped to 0,009A when the car OFF.

Question - 0,009A is it ok for a Patrol, most cars have a draw of 0,006A or less as far as I know...

Second issue is connected to glow plugs - they work, car starts. I know that the previous owner did change those plugs in 2020 - so I didnt measured them separatey yet.
But what concerns me is that it works a bit atypical for me - Ignition on, glowplug light goes on for a couple seconds, but the relay goes on and off like three times in couple seconds intervals. Sends battery curent (on white green wire) when it goes on. Thing that concerns me is that when the relay goes on, voltage drops from over 12 to 8 volts, and all the lights on the dashboard go darker. Is this just a problem with battery that is not the best in the world anymore, or can it be a bigger issue?
I've checked the battery and it stil has ca. 500A when fully charged, from those 800A it had when it was new.

Regards, D.