Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2004 GU Rear Nerside Bumper Query

Hi guys.

Someone shunted the back of my 2004 3.0TDi GU. I am trying to replace the rear nearside bumper, but no wrecker seems to have the part available which seems odd and even more odd is that several of them can't even find any reference to the one the same as is on mine which is a series 3, manufactured in August 2008.

One wrecker sent me one adamant that it was the correct part, but wasn't and I've attached a photo and indicated some of the differences on the bumper that he sent (B) and am hoping someone on here can tell me where I can locate a match for the other one (A), preferably secondhand with a little wear, but not damaged so it matches the other side.

a.JPG

Appreciate any help.

Cheers,
    Woz.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 13,452 Times in 6,588 Posts
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WozzaJ View Post
    Hi guys.

Someone shunted the back of my 2004 3.0TDi GU. I am trying to replace the rear nearside bumper, but no wrecker seems to have the part available which seems odd and even more odd is that several of them can't even find any reference to the one the same as is on mine which is a series 3, manufactured in August 2008.

One wrecker sent me one adamant that it was the correct part, but wasn't and I've attached a photo and indicated some of the differences on the bumper that he sent (B) and am hoping someone on here can tell me where I can locate a match for the other one (A), preferably secondhand with a little wear, but not damaged so it matches the other side.

a.JPG

Appreciate any help.

Cheers,
    Woz.
    Hey Woz,

Your post is a little odd. The years are not making sense to me. Can you post a pic of your car please... it will help a lot.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Series 3 stopped production in 2004. GuIV was released in 2004 as a significant facelift that then carried the model to 2018
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!

The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The GUIV was released with a single full width bumper rather than the wings

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi guys.

My bad, was a typo error. Mine was manufactured in August 2004. Hope that helps. Would love to find a replacement.

Cheers.

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone able to recommend a wrecker that may be able to help?

Cheers.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,697 Times in 2,480 Posts
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Check eBay, I seen one there not long back
    2003 gu3 td42tdi sold 😞 bloody gvm towing crap. Bt50 3500kg gvm.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd try Niss4x4 Autospares. They have loads of Patrols, locations around Australia and they do delivery.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WozzaJ View Post
    Hi guys.

My bad, was a typo error. Mine was manufactured in August 2004. Hope that helps. Would love to find a replacement.

Cheers.
    Can you post a pic of your car mate. AUG 2004 was around the time they did the facelift.