Thread: New Member Raritee with 1997 GU TI model air con problem

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New Member Raritee with 1997 GU TI model air con problem

Hi fellow members my real name is Steve I purchased my 1997 GU 4.5 petrol TI 5 years ago .It is in good condition and when I purchased it had 182000kms on the clock. It runs on LPG and petrol and had the conversion from new .The patrol was a one owner car.My main reason for buying the patrol was to be able to crew for hot air balloonists in my area. So basically chase after hot air Balloons to be able to retrieve them in whatever terrain they land in . The TI has been great for the job and the added bonus of it running on LPG greatfull balloonist fill up my LPG tank for me when they refill there Balloon tanks . It has never let me down in any terrain or situation.

The only problem I am having is getting hold of a workshop manual and parts manual specifically for the TI model. The electrical and air conditioning systems are completely different from the ST models .My TIs air conditioning system is electronically climate controlled and has worked perfectly up until now. I now have the problem that the Air con to the front of the vehicle will not turn on and is permanently stuck on the heating cycle. I have taken it to my local very experienced Auto electrician/air conditioning man who has checked the system out. He said the GU TI was one of the first cars to have a climate controlled system and there is not much info around as far as fault finding is concerned .He has connected the ecu up to a modern reader but says the software in the early GU TI will not talk to the reader to give him a fault code. Apparently this model had a a self checking system accessed by pressing the OFF button for over 3 seconds he did this and with some effort got the front air con to work in its manual setting but as soon as it was switched to auto or the ignition was turned off the system reverted back to heating.He has told me to manuals fault find the electronics would mean pulling the dash out and checking each valve /actuator that switches from heat to cooling. This could involve unknown hours of labour and a very BIG bill. The air con to the rear of the vehicle is working fine so that tells me that the problem is probably just a valve/actuator not getting the correct signal .I cannot find anywhere a circuit drawing of the electrics or the air con system specifically for the early TI's .

I would be very grateful if any other members could help me out with this problem.

Cheers Steve

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Raritee For This Useful Post:

growler2058 (26th July 2021)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 1,237 Times in 994 Posts
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum mate.
    In the words of a Dhuck "QUACK".

Thanks
    Thanked 12,953 Times in 6,829 Posts
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    G’day mate welcome aboard

IF YA DONT GET STUCK YA AINT TRYIN HARD ENOUGH........OR YA TOOK THE CHICKEN TRACK

WARNING: TOWBALLS USED WITH SNATCHSTRAPS DO KILL!!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,062 Times in 615 Posts
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Send me a PM with your email and I’ll send you a copy of the HA.PDF which covers the heating & A/C for the TB45E.
    This is a shot of 1 page of the PDF.

8DB89D30-F0CF-45AA-A9F1-51ACF595F5DB.jpeg
    John

2001 GUII TI 4500 - Now converted to TD42T auto with Nomad valve body

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up Thanks for the welcome and replies from all the members

[QUOTE=jff45;823189]Send me a PM with your email and I’ll send you a copy of the HA.PDF which covers the heating & A/C for the TB45E.
    This is a shot of 1 page of the PDF.

Cheers for the reply someone has already sent me the complete Nissan workshop manual section on the 97 GU TI