OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Thread: Looking for a company that does reconditioned engines and gearbox in QLD (Brisbane)

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looking for a company that does reconditioned engines and gearbox in QLD (Brisbane)

Hi everyone,

Hoping I can get some trustworthy tips and some pointers in the right direction.

My Nissan Patrol ZD30 EFI has almost done 400.000 km and is on it's last legs. The head gasket has a minor leak and overheating problems keep coming back. Not to mention several oil leaks here and there. It's done a great job but I don't see a future with this setup and we should part ways. The gearbox is also laggy and has trouble changing gears. In short the old lady is worn out.

My plan is to find someone who can supply a reconditioned engine and gearbox, and fit the whole shabam. My location is in the Brisbane area, but it can be relocated as it still drives, just not for too long.

Due to overheating problems, I would like to fit a bigger radiator on there too. And to boost a little power interested in a slight turbo upgrade, but haven't pulled the plug on that one yet.

Can anyone help me in the right direction? Or maybe you have done this before? Or you might have friend who had it done? Any suggestions are very welcome.

One more question, and this is an idea that's been playing in my head. Would it be possible to convert to a common rail engine in stead of the direct injecton?

Cheers guys! Hoping to get some good answers.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement