Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Micks GQ Barra Patrol & The $1000 GU Patrol

Hi Guys,

I'm currently doing a Barra Conversion in a mates 89 (was TB42- RE4 powered) GQ Patrol. I came here searching for a wiring diagram to make sense of the absolute mess in the engine bay, so thank you for providing great free information! Here is a pic of whats been done so far... Went with an FG barra turbo, coupled to the factory ZF 6 speed auto, using the PJ's adapter kit to get it back to the original transfer case, everything has or is being done by me in the garage.. i'm not a fabricator nor do i claim to be one. I've had to run -8 fuel flow and return lines due to availability of materials... also altered the original sender unit to accept an intake Walbro 460 fuel pump. Made the cooler piping to suit and mounted a 600x300x75 mm Plazmaman intercooler behind the grill, it's still in the build but getting closer to the first fire. Plans are for A/C, having the factory gauges work (with the help of a Canbarra module) Tip tronic will work and possibly cruise control (depending what switching i can come up with).
    Thanks again for the wealth of knowledge on the forum and free info on here

The Gu is a TB45 i bought off of a local guy on Facebook market place. $1000 farm patrol which was a total mess to begin with. Built it up over a few months to be able to tour, which it did in March this year. Doing the full loop around Tassie per say. It hasn't missed a beat... apart from the poor lifter tick which would give any diesel a run for its money. I've put a 2" ebay lift in it using Webco shocks and Kings springs, the shocks have performed really well, springs are pretty firm :-|. 33" KO2's on series 2 steel rims, second hand genuine winch bar, Dominator X winch, ARB roof rack, Kings roof top tent, Kings awning, tinted the windows, put some draws in the back with a cheap 12v set up (DCDC with 2 100amp hour batteries in the back) 300watts of solar input aswell. (runs a fridge and stuff to charge drone batteries and what not) the whole build was done on a budget.
    I
    Jarrad
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by JL falcon; 22nd June 2021 at 07:24 AM.

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to JL falcon For This Useful Post:

BrazilianY60 (22nd June 2021), Cremulator (21st June 2021), growler2058 (13th October 2021), jff45 (22nd June 2021), MB (21st June 2021), Mickhead (21st July 2021), mudnut (21st June 2021), Plasnart (20th July 2021), rusty_nail (21st June 2021), Touses (22nd June 2021)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 5,352 Times in 3,170 Posts
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum. Looking forward to seeing vids of this beast in action.
    Last edited by mudnut; 21st July 2021 at 06:11 PM.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mudnut For This Useful Post:

BrazilianY60 (22nd June 2021), JL falcon (21st June 2021), MB (21st June 2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,002 Times in 3,397 Posts
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Gday Jarrad just found you on youtube searching for Patrol bush info. Love your vids and work mate!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Mate
    If the 2 inch ebay lift kit you bought is the same as my original one that I bought with King springs and Webco Foam cell big bore shocks.. it aint the springs giving you the firm ride.
    Put your original shocks in and go for a drive. My Webcos were shithouse back breaking bolt loosening body rattling POS….
    Last edited by Mickhead; 21st July 2021 at 05:43 PM.