Threaded View

Thanks
    Thanked 11,323 Times in 4,992 Posts
    Mentioned
    472 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TD42 Compression Test Results Query Please Team

Must say it’s a fairly heavy little nugget of a thing unpacked just now, hopefully heavy means quality to get me temporarily back up over the massive mighty 60rwkw mark it mite

FWIW: Do NOT pull the little rubber bungs out of each end to blow test the inbuilt one way check valve …….it’s full of factory packaging oil and now all over the kitchen table…….idiot MB style

Interestingly within the installation instructions it suggests the optional Holley 12-810 Oil Pressure Safety Switch (petrol applications) to cut off supply when oil pressure drops below 5psi which I never knew such a safe guard existed:

https://www.holley.com/products/fuel...s/parts/12-810

Thinking that when I’m finished with it and when time comes to properly fix up the old TD42 I might switch it over to the Daughters TB45 as whatever elecy pump is under its floor pan currently sounds like a million Bees buzzing and I’m not confident She’ll keep a proper eye on OEM dash warning lights

Again, I really do appreciate your advice Craig, John, Ross, Mark, Andy, Phil & Mat Mates

Your helpful posts have not fallen on deaf ears and I will build plan on a Carter pump in the future along with other TLC power upgrades Old Grandpa Spec deserves in the future.

Cheers Legends!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by MB; 30th June 2021 at 07:57 PM.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MB For This Useful Post:

jff45 (30th June 2021), mudski (30th June 2021), nissannewby (30th June 2021), PeeBee (30th June 2021), Rossco (30th June 2021)