Thread: Tb42E external pump

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tb42E external pump

Has anyone put a external fuel pump on the patrol? If so what fuel pump did you use? Where did you locate it? How did you do the pick up in the fuel tank? Was the enough pressure for the fuel regulator?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to madaz250 For This Useful Post:

MB (6th June 2021)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've checked this out (in theory)
    A commodore external pump puts out sufficient flow and pressure to run the TB42E
    Divert the wiring to it and you would have to put a bit of fuel hose in place of the standard pump (in tank) to pick up from the bottom of the tank.
    Mounting point anywhere along the chassis with a tin shield to protect it from rocks and sticks.
    Would make life much easier to replace when it fails (as all electrical items seem to do )
    But in the tank the pump is protected from rocks, sticks, mud, water and dust - so not sure if external is the best option.
    "Can't" is a dirty 4 letter word.
    Best way to deal with a "Can't" is to chop off the "t" and brew it in boiled water for a few minutes.
    Sip on the "t", and consider what you've got left to work with

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Arfa Brayne For This Useful Post:

MB (6th June 2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 11,321 Times in 4,990 Posts
    Mentioned
    472 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just recently bought my eldest Daughter a Ford GQ Shorty TB42/45 dropped in as a replacement donk. Don’t know too much about the Petrol Patrols but I’ll almost guarantee that thing has an aftermarket pump located somewhere hard up under the floorpan behind the drivers seat....noisy as all hell, can even hear it speed up once the donk starts up and alternator tickles volts up.
    If you’re truly desperate for its pump ID I can crawl under but wouldn’t recommend what may be under there.....annoying as fark

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Mentioned
    472 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shocking memory me, I can 100% confirm her TB42/45 is running off an aftermarket pump.....in my nuffy theory
    The little truck is definitely running gogo juice off its forward mounted 90L aftermarket petrol tank, the single filler runs straight to it. There is an OEM rear tank installed but not connected to anything, must have been a RWC thingy?
    Suspecting there used to be an LPG tank where the OEM showpiece tank was as we were gifted a set of rear steel OEM bumper ends of which the drivers side had the LPG filler point hole sawed in

Thanks
    Thanked 5,354 Times in 3,172 Posts
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    @MB, it sounds like you might have the old style clacker pump. I was lead to believe they were the ducks nuts when our Fairmont got a gas conversion. It turned out it was as noisy as hell. There are better options available.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to mudnut For This Useful Post:

MB (7th June 2021)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    472 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tb42E external pump

Thanks Craig Mate
    Would be keen to learn the other possible options too if and when time permits pretty please
    Having driven it quite a bit myself lately as an around town shopping cart daily I reckon she’ll just turn the stereo up to drown it out which is my worst nightmare....P Plater in exactly 12 months time will need to concentrate 100% instead of doofdoofing with her head in the clouds