OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I put an upright fridge in my wagon..

Thanks
    Thanked 1,577 Times in 911 Posts
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aidanmair View Post
    ..and I'm bloody loving it. So much so that I made a review going over the reasons that lead me to buy one and then how I installed it. If you're thinking of getting a new fridge soon definitely consider an upright!

https://youtu.be/bL-CIvrmdHc
    Where is the beer stored mate?
    Lucus30's 1999 GU ST TB45E

2. The Following User Says Thank You to lucus30 For This Useful Post:

MB (4th July 2021)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hehehe

Over recent months I've notice just how many of these 4wd Adventure Guys shows have started using Upright Fridges in their Ute Canopies, and started thinking what a bloody good idea . . . just how much easier swinging a fridge door open is compared to pulling out my Tilt Slide and then struggling to hold open the lid on my 40Lt WEACO Fridge in the Patrol's Canopy

Funny enough, I watched your Youtube Review of your Upright Bushman Fridge Last night before seeing your post here.

I'm pity much sold on the idea of swapping out my 40Lt WEACO and Tilt Slid for an Upright Fridge, that my kids ask what I wanted for my Birthday and I though . . . well their contribution to a Upright is worth their money hehehe.

Should had looked at this 2 years ago.
    Grant

Penrith Region
    Sydney NSW.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,403 Times in 2,995 Posts
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Uprights are definitely more convenient, but I reckon you can fit more into a chest one of the same capacity if maximising fridge contents is important (as it is for us). Also there's the old chestnut of losing more 'cold' when opening an upright compared to opening a chest. The 'cold' falls out of an upright. So uses more power, not a problem if you don't access the fridge too often (so a separate chest fridge might be better for beer) and/or have plenty of battery capacity.

2006 4.2TDi ex-Telstra Remote area Camper. 425w roof mounted solar, 360Ah Aux batts, BCDC1240, Onboard hot & cold pressurised & filtered water, (25 litre hot water calorifier), ARB fridge, ARB freezer, Built in kitchen, heaps of easy access storage, 240v, 3” Genie exhaust + dynotune, 2” lift, 3900kg GVM upgrade, second glovebox, ROH Blaktrak steel wheels, Bridgestone D697's (now Toyo RT's), Redarc gauges/pillarpod, Hema HX-1, Icom 450 CB, dual rear view cameras, Onboard 30amp Victron mains charger, second glovebox, dual seat conversion, TPMS, Boss PX7 onboard air with 9 litre tank, 350w inverter, Steel bullbar, Harrop Eaton diff lock (front), Warn winch, Snorkel, Dual spares , 160 litre water tank, 180 litre fuel in two tanks (approx 1200km range) 2010 Tvan Tanami. (incl another 70 litre water tank) with matching wheels/tyres (& 3rd spare)
    A Nomadic Life (Blog)

Thanks
    Thanked 13,452 Times in 6,588 Posts
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I showed my wife a photo of an upright fridge in the back of a Y62 and it has now become a Not Negotiable. It must be done. Tossing up between the Engel and the Bushman in an 85lt i think.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    WOW!!!!!

Choose Wisely Indeed!!! Watch this Video if you are in the market for an Upright Fridge....

https://youtu.be/FlWlOYE5-e4
    Last edited by MudRunnerTD; 7th March 2022 at 12:16 PM.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!

The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

mudnut (7th March 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,957 Times in 3,375 Posts
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MudRunnerTD View Post
    WOW!!!!!

Choose Wisely Indeed!!! Watch this Video if you are in the market for an Upright Fridge....

https://youtu.be/FlWlOYE5-e4
    This being posted by you, here's me waiting the whole time for the Kings fridge door to fall off or something!

Next you'll have the Kings awning for sure.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Plasnart For This Useful Post:

MudRunnerTD (7th March 2022), Winnie (7th March 2022)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Plasnart View Post
    This being posted by you, here's me waiting the whole time for the Kings fridge door to fall off or something!

Next you'll have the Kings awning for sure.
    Yeah I was not expecting it to pan out that way either.... I was super keen on the Bushman for all the right reasons then this vid has left me gobsmacked. I know there has been Kings Copy ans Kings rebrand old style weaco but this vid is absolutely identical including part numbers on the Seacop Compressor. Bloody Hell mate! 8 need a Big Farkoff Sticker or maybe a roll of Contact in my preferred colour and cover the whole door...

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

Plasnart (8th March 2022), Stropp (8th March 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 11,235 Times in 4,951 Posts
    Mentioned
    468 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Engels Always for the stupidly expensive startup win, if you’re planning on the long term!

Cuppa Mate is 100% correct on efficiency m3 beer/tucker space versus uprights deep adventures out there half only ever possibly packed in them.
    Technology/design can advance as much as it likes but an upright willingly packed like home comforts opening ease/viewing will guaranteed arrive off-road like it’s been FNQ Bandicooted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. The Following User Says Thank You to MB For This Useful Post:

Plasnart (8th March 2022)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    468 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Useless MB…..
    Uprights are for caravans, mobile dongas & dirt roads!
    Off-angle tracks & moderate corrugating touring its best to use over half of your clothes kit to secure ones tucker inside on an upright fridge……too much work off-road IMHO

Thanks
    Mentioned
    468 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FWIW: Check out online (and or read some of Sir Evil Twins posts of Great Old Good) about the friction almost zero design of an Engel fridge motor.
    Danfossy aint got poop on Dr Sashimi/Sushi exclusive motor cooperation with their free floating pistons forever

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12