Threaded View

Thanks
    Thanked 1,319 Times in 510 Posts
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile Honey Badger the Y60

Hello everyone. This is the build topic, or rather, restoration topic, for my 1997 LHD wagon Y60. From what I have learnt online, the very last year of the Y60 series.

Patrols are pretty rare around where I live, but I managed to get ahold of one to call my own. It is LHD, so a bit weirdo for you good folks, but don't let that make you loose interest. It is SGL-D trim with the 3rd row seat (missing), over the top A/C for the 2nd and 3rd rows and the cooler box on the trunk. It came with a non-functioning blacktop TD42.

I would be lying if I said it has been beaten to death. If it had nine lives like a cat, it would be more appropriate to say it had been beaten to death eight and a half times... No rust though, which all in all, is a blessing. Also, at first impression, nothing worked, but it was absolutely complete, not missing a single bolt, which would help a lot a restoration project of a rare car since I didn't have the least chance to have another car to look and compare, nor to create parts or to discover what was supposed to go here and there. Whatever part was there, I would test it, if it worked, good, if not, I would go ahead and try to fix it.

This is how it looked:
    20190213-WA0058.jpg 20190213-WA0060.jpg

Every single panel need some sort of panel beating, some more, some less, some a lot... They manage to bend, crush or ding even the roof and the fuel door.

This is my very first attempt at car restauration, and having lost an opportunity to by a little better condition than this LC80, that is also very rare around here, I decided to man up and write the check. Loaded in to a car transport truck I have hired and drove back home to wait for the Patrol to be delivered and see what the missus and the kids would say about it...

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BrazilianY60 For This Useful Post:

AB (6th May 2021), growler2058 (6th May 2021), PeeBee (6th May 2021), Rossco (6th May 2021), Touses (6th May 2021)