Thanks
    Thanked 6,891 Times in 3,651 Posts
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by katwoman View Post
    This is my ideal tourer..( one day)

Hahah, that would pull some looks cruising around, bloody Yanks!

I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Well I'll be .......

I've been pricing the above configuration and the prices vary are up to 16k..WTF
    All are from Jayco dealers too, makes you wonder how many are out there just to rip someone off!!!

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Well, just a quick update.

The van is ordered and the delivery is due 3rd November..........the waiting game begins.

I have long service leave due next May so I'm starting to plan a big trip up north...I'm thinking Weipa to start of with.

I would love to shoot up through to NT and back through the middle but I don't think 50 days will be enough.... I want to just cruse and relax instead of just driving.

Thanks
    Thanked 20,772 Times in 8,582 Posts
    Mentioned
    581 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NissPat View Post

The van is ordered and the delivery is due 3rd November..........the waiting game begins.

I have long service leave due next May so I'm starting to plan a big trip up north...I'm thinking Weipa to start of with.

I would love to shoot up through to NT and back through the middle but I don't think 50 days will be enough.... I want to just cruse and relax instead of just driving.
    Photos Kris, photos...lol

Check out our playground we installed up at Weipa too, Literally cost a small fortune to barge it across the top in the wet season!!!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AB View Post
    Photos Kris, photos...lol

Check out our playground we installed up at Weipa too, Literally cost a small fortune to barge it across the top in the wet season!!!
    Mate, I've got to get there first LOLOLO.
    I tell you what the next 3 months are going to drag on and then the next 6 or 7 are going to be even longer...

No doubt I will be lookin and checking out everthing on my trip including playground gear...I can wait for Weipa...haha

I had a look at your work here in Canberra at my boys school, looks like a top product everyone should buy.
    Choose - http://www.imaginationplay.com.au/

Thanks
    Mentioned
    581 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Mate, I've got to get there first LOLOLO.
    I tell you what the next 3 months are going to drag on and then the next 6 or 7 are going to be even longer...

No doubt I will be lookin and checking out everthing on my trip including playground gear...I can wait for Weipa...haha

I had a look at your work here in Canberra at my boys school, looks like a top product everyone should buy.
    Choose - http://www.imaginationplay.com.au/
    Cheers mate, free plug...lol...we're doing artificial grass now too...www.gorillagrass.com.au

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry Kris i haven't been keeping tabs on this thread mate. What van did you end up going with. We are hopefully picking ours up mid september.
    Watch out there's a Poo "Yota" lurking in the shadows !

Thanks
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark 1 View Post
    Sorry Kris i haven't been keeping tabs on this thread mate. What van did you end up going with. We are hopefully picking ours up mid september.
    Lucky you, we have to wait till November...
    The van will be the 18.57-8 with a couple of extras....can't wait.

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I posted this in another thread and though it might be of interest in this one too....

Interesting article in the Sunday Mail (Adelaide) today about dodgey caravan manufacturers. Appartently anyone can set them selves up as a caravan builder. The problem is that a number of them are not manufacturing to accepted engineering design principles. Instances where peope have paid large amounts of money (high $90,000) to have a van built and when gone to have it registered - to have it rejected.
    In other instances it would seem the caravan manufacturer is able to get them registered without having them independantly certified.
    As one would get someone with some pretty good mechanical knowledge expereince to run the slide ruler over a car they're thinking of buying - the rule also holds good for caravans.
    I'm not sure whether I would have all that much faith in the industry associations - as it would apear that it is self regulatory.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    581 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Guido View Post
    I posted this in another thread and though it might be of interest in this one too....

Interesting article in the Sunday Mail (Adelaide) today about dodgey caravan manufacturers. Appartently anyone can set them selves up as a caravan builder. The problem is that a number of them are not manufacturing to accepted engineering design principles. Instances where peope have paid large amounts of money (high $90,000) to have a van built and when gone to have it registered - to have it rejected.
    In other instances it would seem the caravan manufacturer is able to get them registered without having them independantly certified.
    As one would get someone with some pretty good mechanical knowledge expereince to run the slide ruler over a car they're thinking of buying - the rule also holds good for caravans.
    I'm not sure whether I would have all that much faith in the industry associations - as it would apear that it is self regulatory.
    Geez, you would be out for blood if you paid 90k and couldn't register it...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12