Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Headlight ON warning buzzer

Hi all,

A bit shocked at just how spartan the 2009 DX Patrols are. Anyhow- installing a headlight ON warning buzzer, can't find a suitable pick up point for the lights in the fuse box in cabin (connected the line that says "coil" (useless on a diesel) up to the engine management fuse (tried it on fuel pump fuse too). It appears the fuses are all active as the alarm goes off regardless of which fuse I put it on- 'Tail light' being my principle choice (with the ignition off and lights off- though I tested it with the cabin light and it stopped when the light went off). I am guessing the easiest course is to run it through to the headlight box under the bonnet?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How about use the power from the lights in conjunction with an NC relay (or 5 pin) which uses the ignition as a signal.
    2008 CRD Auto Wagon
    Factory snorkel, flashlube catchcan pro, 3" manta exhaust, hpd boost controller, dyno-tuned & egr deleted

4. The Following User Says Thank You to pollenface For This Useful Post:

Tothetip09 (22nd September 2021)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Could be the wiring loom connections are already there. You may just need to buy the module from a wrecker and plug it in. Talk to an auto elec that is familiar with Patrols.

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks pollenface. It could work. I have already bought the device that does it all, and just need a point in the wiring that I can tap into to get it to beep- when the ignition is off but the lights are on. It draws nothing the little device.

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the suggestion BillsGU. I wired up my spotlights, tail lights and Reverse spottie (also replaced gearbox switch), the cabin light and replaced and soldered all the wiring in the ARB bullbar (park/indicators) when I went to LED- and the horn wiring and unit. I respect that a sparky would be conversant with this, but as a qualified Fitter/Boilermaker I like to do what I can myself.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tothetip09 View Post
    Thanks for the suggestion BillsGU. I wired up my spotlights, tail lights and Reverse spottie (also replaced gearbox switch), the cabin light and replaced and soldered all the wiring in the ARB bullbar (park/indicators) when I went to LED- and the horn wiring and unit. I respect that a sparky would be conversant with this, but as a qualified Fitter/Boilermaker I like to do what I can myself.
    I think the suggestion is more that the auto elec who is familiar with Patrols will be able to tell you exactly where that unit will plug in.
    You can still do it yourself, but it'll save you the time of finding where it fits