Patrol Freak
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,653 Times in 591 Posts
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bitcoin and the new financial world....or something like that

Rightio - who bit the bullet and piled in balls and all to invest in a digital gold that you can never touch?

I'll admit to being a late starter, but it has well and truly grabbed my attention now and if you don't know anything about it or think it is just a passing fad, perhaps it might be worth a quick step back and a peek through the digital window at it and what it could mean for life in the future.

Anyone else notice that it just passed the value of the British Pound? And now has over 2 trillion market cap?

Got any investment guru's on here who secretly keep peaking at their digital wallet balances instead of working on the ute?
    Between Patrols ATM. Had a beaut GU with 6.5 Chev TD. Next is a GU ute with a 4.5 litre Cummins conversion and a camper on the back.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,242 Times in 6,418 Posts
    Mentioned
    459 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yep! Been doing it for some three years, but only got more into it really in the last three months. Its not easy, and its very volatile. Expect to lose a lot, and also win. My last purchase I saw a 300% return overnight. Cashed in the winnings and reinvested into other coins, then luckily that last purchase died in the ass and lots of people lost a lot. I've got 9 different coins in my wallet at the moment, a few of them aren't doing so well, so I will hold onto them, waiting for some of them to break even to sell them off.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to mudski For This Useful Post:

FNQGU (14th April 2021)

Patrol Freak
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah good one mate. Seems to me like the big run is just starting and it is definitely not too late to jump on the horse. I had some shitty shares that were going nowhere, sold them, researched the hell out of what was what, and chucked it into crypto. It sure is a big learning curve, but I think it is the future and it is already here.

The brainiacs behind all this stuff must be some of the worlds best, but in amongst it, I am sure there are a shit-load of scammers and wannabe's, so caution is needed as with any investing. Still, I won't cry myself to sleep if they make the banks part of history and if nothing else, at least the governments can't just print more of the stuff whenever they like either.
    Between Patrols ATM. Had a beaut GU with 6.5 Chev TD. Next is a GU ute with a 4.5 litre Cummins conversion and a camper on the back.

The master farter
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    459 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I also have shares and always will. Crypto is still quite new to me. Lots of research needs to be done on who you want to invest in. With Crypto only invest what you can afford to lose because it’s so volitile. I was lucky on one coin, some are not good and some are doing ok.
    The thing with crypto it needs to become an obsession to really make good coin. Research and watching your investments multiple times a day. I do this to an extent, not as much as I should. The draw back to that is on a few occasions I have missed the boat when a coin I have had dropped so much I was too late to sell and then you either still sell and cut your losses or hold it in the hope it recovers. As for platforms to trade on, I use CoinSpot and Swyftx, will looking at Binance soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The master farter
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    459 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Also, Bitcoin itself, and Ethereum is more like shares, slow movers. Investing in Alt coins,(Alternate) that smaller company have, is where the fun is at, and where its volatile...

Patrol Freak
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've gone down the Binance path, and use Coin Gecko a bit too. Binance might be a bit more complex to start with but easy enough to work out and provides a lot of options. Totally agree with you regarding the research and attention bit. I think I have caught the bug though. After a bit of mucking around and some poor choices, I have settled on what I hope is a balanced risk approach between the ALT'S and the MAJORS. Sooo much garbage out there but there is a Tassie bloke named Alex Saunders who runs a neat little advisory website and does a heap of free stuff on YouTube that I have found who provides sound advice. There is also a ridiculous amount of wannabe's on YouTube all pretending to be experts but I have whittled that down to a handy few references as well. There are some fantastic podcasts out there too and I have gotten a lot of value out of having one on in the car or when out walking etc.

What I do enjoy is when one of them, let alone all of them, kick off and start heading North! Gets a little exciting when you realise just how much that can turn out to be.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to FNQGU For This Useful Post:

mudski (14th April 2021)

The master farter
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    459 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FNQGU View Post
    What I do enjoy is when one of them, let alone all of them, kick off and start heading North! Gets a little exciting when you realise just how much that can turn out to be.
    Haha! then Nek Minnut, they're all in the red. Then green, then red and so on.

Did you jump on WINk before it took off to the moon? Then plummeted back down to earth just as quick. Wish I had more invested in that when it happened.
    Last edited by mudski; 14th April 2021 at 04:18 PM.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I lost a lot of money when it plummeted at the end of 2018 while trading CFD's, went from 25k to 13k overnight. I decided I'm better off driving a dozer for a living.
    2008 CRD Auto Wagon
    Factory snorkel, flashlube catchcan pro, 3" manta exhaust, hpd boost controller, dyno-tuned & egr deleted

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pollenface For This Useful Post:

FNQGU (8th August 2021), NissanGQ4.2 (18th April 2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,880 Times in 3,231 Posts
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was told never 2 drink, smoke, do drugs and gamble....

Done all 4 and lost more than I ever made gambling so gave up on gambling, gave up the drugs, slowly giving up on the smokes, although I'm vaping at the moment so still nicotine

Alcohol on the other hand....... I'm just about 2 pour myself another Jimmy and Coke, don't think I'll ever give drinking up

Sadly legal drugs are harder 2 give up then the illegal shit... well in my case anyway, and the illegal shit was way cheaper in my case... go figure
    Time is never wasted when your wasted all the time

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Patrol Freak
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,313 Times in 753 Posts
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How do you go about cashing in your Bitcoins or whatever for real money?

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast