Thread: Bosch VE Injector Pump help required

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bosch VE Injector Pump help required

Hi Guys

I recently upgraded the NATS support on my Nissan TD42Ti after it failed and rendered my vehicle totally useless and
    i was left with no option but to bravely smash it of with a very big hammer and screwdriver and was extremely fortunate not to cause any more Collateral Damage than was necessary and thanks to all who had done the same and provided very valuable information and photo's of the job in hand.
    Unfortunately extending the positive black wire from the solenoid / magnetic valve which had been ripped out of the NATS box during demolition, had left it very short also as everything was still in the car there was very limited work space and sitting right above the solenoid is the "Full Load Adjusting Screw" sticking out of the injector pump blocking all view to the connection terminal which i had planned to install a new wire to eliminate any future problems and trouble from a dodgy electrical connection, but heart surgery is not on my Bucket list and not knowing what nightmare i might add to the collateral damage already caused with big hammers i left it alone and had to do the best i could with the short wire and a not the best crimp job i have done and left it at that.
    Well to my greatest surprise and extreme relief the car started first time and every time with NATS gone all is good and i am mobile again, but i know that bloody crimp job is probably going to come back and haunt me when i least expect it, so now i would really like to know if anyone has any knowledge or what the outcome would be if i mark the position of the "Full Load Adjusting Screw" and melt some heat shrink on the protruding thread so i know where to install it back to how it was before i removed it to get access to the fuel solenoid electrical connection and install a new wire or any one have any alternative idea's.
    Picture of fuel pump attached.
    Full Load Adjusting Screw.jpg
    2006 Y61 Nissan Patrol TD42Ti Modified Turbo & 3' Exhaust Compliments of United Fuel Injection Perth WA
    Great White Spotties and Bar Light, Ironman Barwork the rest is standard "What more do you need it's Already a Nissan Patrol"

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 5,663 Times in 3,158 Posts
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    You can get the solenoid out without moving that screw. You can just get the right size spanner in there. You can also normally get to the 8mm nut without to much worry as well.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nissannewby For This Useful Post:

mojo53 (10th April 2021), MudRunnerTD (10th April 2021)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I tried to access it after smashing the black box out but after two days of nervous destruction i was not sure if the pump was structurally in working order after the flogging it got and i was more concerned about that than anything else, but now i find everything still works and you reckon i should be able to access it i will have another go at it when the weather is more stable as Cyclone Seroja is due to cross the coast between Kalbarri and Geraldton in the next couple of days and everyone is cleaning up and putting stuff away before the Cyclone does it for them so i need the Nissan for tip runs and will have another go at it later and thanks for the help.
    2006 Y61 Nissan Patrol TD42Ti Modified Turbo & 3' Exhaust Compliments of United Fuel Injection Perth WA
    Great White Spotties and Bar Light, Ironman Barwork the rest is standard "What more do you need it's Already a Nissan Patrol"