Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Handheld UHF

Thanks
    Thanked 5,350 Times in 3,168 Posts
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    My Uniden came with a twin charger, car charger two batteries and a vehicle mounted antenna. No probs with running out of power as you can use it with the 12v connected. I also rotate the batteries every few months to keep them ticking over.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 3,717 Times in 2,004 Posts
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the input gents and for the offer Mark mate, but I think I'll get this

https://www.repco.com.au/en/in-car-t...060/p/A9723630

What do you all think??

I'll mount the unit in the free space along the roof console so that speaker isn't muffled.

Sent from my CPH1979 using Tapatalk
    12/97 GEE YOU
    4.5lt Gas blower. Lots of mods to come.....all in good time.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to jay see For This Useful Post:

MB (7th April 2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,386 Times in 6,250 Posts
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Uniden are good but GME are better in my opinion. Made in Australia still. I upgraded to GME from my old Uniden UHF and the difference in clarity was incredible!

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Winnie For This Useful Post:

mudnut (8th April 2021)

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,263 Times in 6,427 Posts
    Mentioned
    460 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jay see View Post
    Currently running a Oricom unit @Rossco it keeps losing power. Have to turn the knob a few times to get it to stay on and then it goes off without knowing and I need to repeat. It's already been replaced once.

Theres your problem, Oricon.I have a GME "hidden " unit, the only thing you see is the external speaker and hand piece, works a treat

Thanks
    Thanked 12,951 Times in 6,827 Posts
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Winnie View Post
    Uniden are good but GME are better in my opinion. Made in Australia still. I upgraded to GME from my old Uniden UHF and the difference in clarity was incredible!

What model did you buy mate?

IF YA DONT GET STUCK YA AINT TRYIN HARD ENOUGH........OR YA TOOK THE CHICKEN TRACK

WARNING: TOWBALLS USED WITH SNATCHSTRAPS DO KILL!!

Thanks
    Thanked 12,386 Times in 6,250 Posts
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by growler2058 View Post
    What model did you buy mate?
    The smaller version of the XRS range, can't remember what it is called. I added an external speaker but that was a total waste of time and money, the speaker in the hand piece is insane.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Winnie For This Useful Post:

growler2058 (8th April 2021), Rossco (8th April 2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,404 Times in 2,995 Posts
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Honestly .... I would never recommend anyone buy a Uniden unit. The sound on the one I had was rubbish, the controls were poorly designed & a fiddle to use. At 2 years old with very very little use (because it was a pain to use & picked up a lot of interference which I believe was an internal problem) the screen died making it unusable. To be honest the screen dying as it did was a blessing in disguise in that it was an easier decision to buy a replacement. With the replacement it was fitted to the same power supply, antenna etc but it just works, nice & clear, & no interference. Pretty conclusive I thought!

2006 4.2TDi ex-Telstra Remote area Camper. 425w roof mounted solar, 360Ah Aux batts, BCDC1240, Onboard hot & cold pressurised & filtered water, (25 litre hot water calorifier), ARB fridge, ARB freezer, Built in kitchen, heaps of easy access storage, 240v, 3” Genie exhaust + dynotune, 2” lift, 3900kg GVM upgrade, second glovebox, ROH Blaktrak steel wheels, Bridgestone D697's (now Toyo RT's), Redarc gauges/pillarpod, Hema HX-1, Icom 450 CB, dual rear view cameras, Onboard 30amp Victron mains charger, second glovebox, dual seat conversion, TPMS, Boss PX7 onboard air with 9 litre tank, 350w inverter, Steel bullbar, Harrop Eaton diff lock (front), Warn winch, Snorkel, Dual spares , 160 litre water tank, 180 litre fuel in two tanks (approx 1200km range) 2010 Tvan Tanami. (incl another 70 litre water tank) with matching wheels/tyres (& 3rd spare)
    A Nomadic Life (Blog)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,717 Times in 2,004 Posts
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuppa View Post
    Honestly .... I would never recommend anyone buy a Uniden unit. The sound on the one I had was rubbish, the controls were poorly designed & a fiddle to use. At 2 years old with very very little use (because it was a pain to use & picked up a lot of interference which I believe was an internal problem) the screen died making it unusable. To be honest the screen dying as it did was a blessing in disguise in that it was an easier decision to buy a replacement. With the replacement it was fitted to the same power supply, antenna etc but it just works, nice & clear, & no interference. Pretty conclusive I thought!
    Oops. Sorry Cuppa

I did buy the one that I put up the link for, it's gotta be better than the Oricom. 5 year warranty so I see how it goes.

12/97 GEE YOU
    4.5lt Gas blower. Lots of mods to come.....all in good time.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,404 Times in 2,995 Posts
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jay see View Post
    Oops. Sorry Cuppa

I did buy the one that I put up the link for, it's gotta be better than the Oricom. 5 year warranty so I see how it goes.

Hope it works out. At least ,as you say, it has the 5year warranty.Thee are folk put there who are happy with their Unidens, mind you there are folk who are happy with Oricoms too.

2006 4.2TDi ex-Telstra Remote area Camper. 425w roof mounted solar, 360Ah Aux batts, BCDC1240, Onboard hot & cold pressurised & filtered water, (25 litre hot water calorifier), ARB fridge, ARB freezer, Built in kitchen, heaps of easy access storage, 240v, 3” Genie exhaust + dynotune, 2” lift, 3900kg GVM upgrade, second glovebox, ROH Blaktrak steel wheels, Bridgestone D697's (now Toyo RT's), Redarc gauges/pillarpod, Hema HX-1, Icom 450 CB, dual rear view cameras, Onboard 30amp Victron mains charger, second glovebox, dual seat conversion, TPMS, Boss PX7 onboard air with 9 litre tank, 350w inverter, Steel bullbar, Harrop Eaton diff lock (front), Warn winch, Snorkel, Dual spares , 160 litre water tank, 180 litre fuel in two tanks (approx 1200km range) 2010 Tvan Tanami. (incl another 70 litre water tank) with matching wheels/tyres (& 3rd spare)
    A Nomadic Life (Blog)

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cuppa For This Useful Post:

growler2058 (8th April 2021), jay see (8th April 2021)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12