Threaded View

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

About to lose my mind

Hi gents,

Let me start off by saying, this has been consuming me for a week. I should have turned to you sooner, but I wanted to be a big boy and solve my own problem for once. It didn't work out.

I'm in the process of replacing the carrier arm bearings. Got the first side done no worries, couple of hours but no trouble. The other side the big M20 bolt & Nut seized. Unfortunately the nut is supposed to be held captive but while using my gentle persuader to turn it it has rounded the nut. No more captivity.

I soaked it in WD40 and attempted to hold the nut by jamming a screwdriver in, no joy. I went out and bought a Dremel since there's very little room and thought this would be a good tool to just cut the nut off, there just isn't enough room in there even with the small pencil Dremel attachment. I've tried giving this thing a million slices with the dremel and then beating it with a chisel. No joy. I've tried drilling through the nut, but it's too restricted I could only get 1 hole, and broke most of my drill bits in the process.

I rang around all the mechanics in my area and they're too busy to see me for a month... and by then I should be on a holiday in this giant pile of trouble.

Could someone please show me the light

PXL_20210407_050504515.jpg
    PXL_20210407_050512588.jpg
    PXL_20210407_050540161.jpg
    Last edited by Mcflurry; 7th April 2021 at 03:53 PM.
    2009 GU

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Mcflurry For This Useful Post:

MB (7th April 2021)