Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Swollen Bearing race

Thanks
    Thanked 5,663 Times in 3,158 Posts
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    So the specs say the bearing ID should be 41.275 so that one is under by quite a bit really.

Yeah it could have been worn or possibly adjustment has caused it. It could have also been the contamination that has allowed a roller or 2 to grab the inner race and spin it around. I think this has been from outside contamination maybe through the locking hub. It would be very hard for the LMM grease to get into the wheel bearing area.

The spindle isn't great and would be best if it was replaced in my opinion.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to nissannewby For This Useful Post:

MudRunnerTD (5th April 2021)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Should only really use the LMM in the CV. Use your other red grease for everything else.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to nissannewby For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 13,491 Times in 6,596 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nissannewby View Post
    So the specs say the bearing ID should be 41.275 so that one is under by quite a bit really.

Yeah it could have been worn or possibly adjustment has caused it. It could have also been the contamination that has allowed a roller or 2 to grab the inner race and spin it around. I think this has been from outside contamination maybe through the locking hub. It would be very hard for the LMM grease to get into the wheel bearing area.

The spindle isn't great and would be best if it was replaced in my opinion.
    Thanks mate that makes sense as I stand here ans look at the spindle I agree there is completely separation between the CV and the wheel bearings. If the spindle appears to be the right diameter coyld I not just clean it up and on? The thread is in perfect condition and that section should allow a bearing to sit there as designed. Do you think it is weakened? They are Drug money to buy is all.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yeah you could attempt to clean it up with some wet n dry. I would be measuring with a mic if possible. Then just pay close attention to sealing it all up when re assembling to hopefully prevent anymore ingress. Even silicon or thread sealant on bolts.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to nissannewby For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12