Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool Interior LED globe choices GQ wagon

G'day Patrollies,

I have a 91 GQ wagon and wanted to upgrade the interior lights to those super bright LED interiors.
    Whats the popular choice for the front and rear?
    I have been looking at some of thos units on Ebay that have 12 LEDs in a block and then a variety of adaptors. Are these any good?
    http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/DOME-8-LE...ht_3787wt_1141 (maybe for the front)
    http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Car-Inter...#ht_3602wt_946 (for the rear)
    Ideas? What are you guys running?
    PK

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,443 Times in 1,007 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can also by them direct from Jaycar & most auto parts supplier have them these days as well

RIP - valued member and true gentleman of this forum that will be missed by many! Silver's Avatar
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dark1 (?) on here sells LEDs as well, and some of the newer members seem to be interested in that line as well.

I agree that more light would be great, especially in the cargo area, ideally triggered by the barn door, and not one of the rear passengers. Doable, but would take some work, and down the list a bit

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is only ao much you can get out of those Bulb replacements. I would suggest spend the extra 20 bucks and replace the fitting with an LED 4 or 6 LED roof dome light. I think bigrig has one installed in the rear of his wagon. The light is 2nd to none.
    Last edited by Airstrike; 17th July 2011 at 11:57 PM.

RIP - valued member and true gentleman of this forum that will be missed by many! Silver's Avatar
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    no doubt that that LED technology is moving ahead in leaps and bounds, ama2ing! BigRig has a few nice LED lights

Banned
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver View Post
    Dark1 (?) on here sells LEDs as well, and some of the newer members seem to be interested in that line as well.

I agree that more light would be great, especially in the cargo area, ideally triggered by the barn door, and not one of the rear passengers. Doable, but would take some work, and down the list a bit
    It takes to thirds of bugger all Silver & if you like I'll come do the job for you when I go up to do Bigrigs truck.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by patch697 View Post
    It takes to thirds of bugger all Silver & if you like I'll come do the job for you when I go up to do Bigrigs truck.
    I'll bring a carton Patch, what's your poison [better not be a carton of $2000 Cognac :-), gulp ]

I've got some pretty good LED strip lights through a leccie neighbour who is interested in such things, but a nice round light to replace the back one would be good. I've already got one in each fitting from jJaycar, from memory 4 leds by 5 or so, that plug in and rest on the cover/diffuser.

Be good to see someone from South Aus up here. Makes a change from the Mexican clan we met at Landcruiser Mountain Park - Kat and family :-)

Banned
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver View Post
    I'll bring a carton Patch, what's your poison [better not be a carton of $2000 Cognac :-), gulp ]

I've got some pretty good LED strip lights through a leccie neighbour who is interested in such things, but a nice round light to replace the back one would be good. I've already got one in each fitting from jJaycar, from memory 4 leds by 5 or so, that plug in and rest on the cover/diffuser.

Be good to see someone from South Aus up here. Makes a change from the Mexican clan we met at Landcruiser Mountain Park - Kat and family :-)
    hahahahahaha.............. No need for a carton mate its not that bigger job & I'll do your barn door trigger while im at it & if you need anything else looked at just make a list.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by patch697 View Post
    hahahahahaha.............. No need for a carton mate its not that bigger job & I'll do your barn door trigger while im at it & if you need anything else looked at just make a list.
    Crikey, that's kind, maybe a beer and a steak at Breakfast Creek would be in order?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    no more chat!! Bed for this old fart!!! :-)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast