OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Thread: Picking a Turbo Feedback ( I know another turbo thread)

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Picking a Turbo Feedback ( I know another turbo thread)

Going to be buying a turbo in the next week and am at a tipping point between my options so any feedback would be appreciated:

1988 TD42. off-road and touring, Looking to have a set up at around 16psi to help with overall power issues, esp at speed when facing hills etc. at 100-110 I am at 2800 rpm.

where I am at for parts so far.
    Radius Merge high Mount
    11mm, Boost Comp + Injectors
    DPP Air box
    DPI FMIC

The Turbo Options:

1)Brand: notice a few places including my local shop using the Arashi Turbos. I also was looking at the Kinugawa. UFI is just too high a price point.

2) set up:

16G Big with 8cm with 7+7 blade set up (To push the 16G higher in the revs a bit for at speed)

18G with 6cm and 11 blade (Drop the 18G down a bit in revs to keep that lower torque for off road)

Leaning towards the 18G as I do sand driving and power to keep revs seems to be an issue and the rev drop between the higher gears. of road with the right gear (esp if in low) I find it crawls and eats now but have never really pushed in in crazy situation.

Any advice or info if you have the set up for rev range for the set ups etc.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement