Thread: In need of help!!

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In need of help!!

Hey guys have rebuilt my GQ (tb42 EFI) from the ground up and I have put the battery in and nothing happened .power to the starter motor(checked with multimeter) but no power to anything else turned the key and not a single thing happens all fuses have been changed so can’t be a fuse.any help would be very appreciated.
    Cheers.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 5,350 Times in 3,168 Posts
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Start with the fusible links near the battery. They are wire that is designed to heat up and blow if there is a short circuit. Silly question, did you fit the battery the right way, +ve to +ve and -ve to earth.

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mudnut View Post
    Start with the fusible links near the battery. They are wire that is designed to heat up and blow if there is a short circuit. Silly question, did you fit the battery the right way, +ve to +ve and -ve to earth.
    Ok will have a look tomorrow,yes battery hooked up correctly and earthed from chassis to body and body to engine

Thanks
    Thanked 13,452 Times in 6,588 Posts
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yes work away from your battery positive. You should find the problem soon enough.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    did you charge the battery before you tried to start the car . how long was the battery sitting without being charged . if it had gone flat for a while it might be stuffed , it might test at 12v or higher but have low amp output when cranking . if you haven't already , try another battery that is known to be good.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to nipagu7 For This Useful Post:

threedogs (10th March 2021)

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah brand new battery and has been tested on a td

Thanks
    Thanked 9,963 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Hi what a dilemma, do one thing at a time
    when checking, have you any spare cables
    that you may have missed, starter, alternator??
    it sounds like youve missed something
    04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have checked and the fusible link wasn’t connected but when I connected it up it started to smoke

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is there power getting to the start solenoid on the starter motor (I am assuming not an air starter motor).

If so try gentle adjustment on the side of the starter casing with this precision device RISTBP32_002.jpg
    2005 Y61 GU rebuilt 2020. 6.5 L turbo inter-cooled Diesel, SupENG Superflex 4 Inch Lift Kit 2,0 Remote res Fox shocks, offset trunions, 315/75/16 Maxxis Razr, 16 x 8 steel rims, SupENG drop box, Stedi Spots & bars, 12000 lbs winch,rear locking bars with duel tire carriers, 4” XtremeENG S/S snorkel, rock sliders, SME UHF, ARB Hard mount Air compressor, ARB fwd & rear air lockers,Rhino roof racks, Duel battery set up, 12 V dist swbd ,

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PatrolOwner69 View Post
    I have checked and the fusible link wasn’t connected but when I connected it up it started to smoke
    You dropped that in when I was posting.

OK that means your drawing too much current for the circuit, so likely you got a short or a ground out somewhere on that circuit...or the fuse was not rated for the circuit. What size fuse link did you use.

Have a read here https://www.patrol4x4.com/threads/gq...horted.100539/

as that may help, evidently the 65 Amp was upgraded to a 75 Amp at some stage. The GQ blokes can offer more accurate info.
    Last edited by Truckus; 10th March 2021 at 04:32 PM.
    2005 Y61 GU rebuilt 2020. 6.5 L turbo inter-cooled Diesel, SupENG Superflex 4 Inch Lift Kit 2,0 Remote res Fox shocks, offset trunions, 315/75/16 Maxxis Razr, 16 x 8 steel rims, SupENG drop box, Stedi Spots & bars, 12000 lbs winch,rear locking bars with duel tire carriers, 4” XtremeENG S/S snorkel, rock sliders, SME UHF, ARB Hard mount Air compressor, ARB fwd & rear air lockers,Rhino roof racks, Duel battery set up, 12 V dist swbd ,

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast